UH OH, big time trouble!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by in da woods, Aug 20, 2008.

1. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Man you won't believe what happened to me today. Neighbor that lives behind me, comes over today with one of my arrows in his hand. Usually he comes across them in his grass & returns them. So today he asks me if this one belonged to me. Yeah, it does. So I asked him, "Where didja find it?" He didn't find it, the neighbor across the street from him found it, in his front yard.:busted: And a perfect little hole in the picture window. I'm like, WHAT THE? I know I was out last night, but that's another 50yds from my target. I did lose one last night, but I'm aiming downwards towards a deer target @ 20 yds. To hit his house, I figure it either bounced off the deer back or the ground. No way did I touch that trigger before aiming. All my shots were low on the deer, but just above the front leg. Don't know what the bill is going to be, but what a kick in the ###. I've been shooting in my back yard for 9 yrs & never had one do that. Unbelieveable!:bash:

2. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just be thankful no one was injured or worse,killed.

Sounds like a dangerous place to be shooting.

3. Rob / PA

Rob / PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'd hate to pile on a lecture but man I can't imagine shooting towards anything with a possibility like that!

4. jmbuckhunter

jmbuckhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    :smash: Careful, you could put somebodies eye out with that thing.

I agree, you need to find a new direction to shoot. OR, don't miss!!!:whip:

5. in da woods

Dislikes Received:
    I usually have a back stop of haybales behind the target, but this yr. just didn't have time to p/u any. But now I'm acutally starting to think about moving somewhere even more rural w/some acreage. For now, I'm putting up a fence and haybales.

6. Sliverflicker

Sliverflicker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    :busted: Now you know better than that!

7. OHbowhntr

OHbowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    HANK!!!!!
    Man, and this is coming from an avid archer, but it that arrow had hit my house, you'd need to have your EARS RE-ATTACHED, among other things, and after my wife was done with you, I'd have a few not so kind words for you as well!!!! There REALLY is NO EXCUSE for that!!!! I'm being blunt as hell here, but you SERIOUSLY could have hurt someone and you're LUCKY as hell they didn't call the Police on you!!!! You probably ought to kiss their @$$es inside and out and offer to mow their lawn for the next couple years!!!!

If you don't like my bluntness, how would much would you have enjoyed it from a PD officer or a JUDGE??? I'm sure the Chief of the FD or your boss as a paramedic would have been real impressed as well!!!! Get a Morrell Outdoor Range target, about $90 or so depending on where you buy it, and you should NEVER loose another arrow again.

8. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I feel your pain man . . . I live in the middle of the city and if I want to shoot, it's got to be in the back yard :confused: . . . but I have 3 hay bales, a 6' privacy fence and a block garage for a back stop :d and that's the only reason I can pull it off. I hear of mishaps like that evey once in a while and they freak me out!!

9. in da woods

Dislikes Received:
    Just to clarify things, this house had been vacant & is under rehab. It also is 75 yds away from my target. but i've learned my lesson. won't shoot until I put up a solid fence, 8' high along w/a pile of sand infront of it. and I'll definitely look into that morrell outdoor range target. who carries them, gander/cabelas? I'm seriously lookin to move, been a wk since i shot, and I'm going a little stir crazy.

10. OHbowhntr

OHbowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Cabela's has them, BassPro maybe too, and you probably have a local shop that would have them. Not sure about Gander or ****'s or any of them, but they may as well.

11. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Glad it all worked out bro this could of been really bad of course you know that.

12. Dr Andy

Dr Andy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    One word: backstop!

13. wis_bow_huntr

wis_bow_huntr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I can see we have all put our words in and Im sure he has learned his lesson, but I have to put my 2 cents in, what if that arrow had hit a kid. I know it wasnt intentional, but what if....I dont want to even think about it.

14. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Man, that would scare the crap out of me. I crept the string a bit the other day and accidently let one fly high of the target. Just another reason why I am glad that there is nothing but woods and hill behind my target.

15. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Oh chit!! :huh: not good!! sounds like a real fluke!!