Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Two college kids producing high quality footage: Enjoy

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by SeriouslyLethal.TV, Dec 2, 2015.

1. TheRiverBottom

TheRiverBottom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Don't worry about the d-bags that question your integrity. Accusing you of lying and "selling BS"??? Brush those losers off. Everyone is an expert and everyone always knows exactly what should have been done and what they would have done. Always...no matter the subject.

I watched the "self-filmed 9 point". I think the video looks like you are not using a fluid head on your mount. Using a fluid head will make for a better footage. Other than that, keep hunting. Take the shots you're comfortable with and good luck.

2. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Show me an entry hole or exit hole that is not in the hips of that 9pt and I will quit being a d-bag loser as TheRiverBottom so politely put it and I will quickly apologize. But, what I can see very plainly in a frame by frame is a tuft of hair fall out right by the left hip at the shot and a lot of blood at what I believe to be an exit wound on the right hip with no sign whatsoever of any other holes in the sides of that deer.

Glad to see you are still keeping it trashy RiverBottom. I didn't expect anything more.

3. TheRiverBottom

Dislikes Received:
    My apologies...feel it's a proper adjective for someone that insults the integrity of a stranger, a college kid no less, that is just looking for feedback to improve upon a hobby that he enjoys.

4. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    At least those college kids are mature enough to not respond with name calling and neither one of them has threatened me or my family yet. They don't stalk my posts either. You, not so much........

5. TheRiverBottom

Dislikes Received:
    Slanderous. No one has threatened your family. Control your narcissism please and stay on topic before you cause this young man's thread to be locked.

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    River, Drink your juice, you are having another spell.

7. Kfili

Kfili Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    oh boy... here we go again stay tuned folks...

8. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Bad shots happen but it bothers me that you're trying to deny...

If the buck folded over then the blood came from the mouth? Doesn't appear to be any sign of blood in that area unless you brought in professional cleaners.

The picture was of the left side. You would be able to see blood, or signs of blood, coming from the exit hole if the shot was good. The only blood is in the area where the hair came out.

I have to bite my tongue seeing some of these guys defend this. We all know bad shots happen but it takes a real character to try to fool people when the evidence is in the video.

9. TheRiverBottom

Dislikes Received:
    Watched the first vid. It reminded me of the saying "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face." Not how you drew it up I'm sure. I would not call your decision to shoot unethical. Maybe a poor decision or not the best decision...but I think it falls far short of being unethical.

The tactacam footage made me feel like I was on a roller coaster. I thought it would have been better to cut from the interview to the camera and then work in the tactacam 2nd angle. I'm no pro though. Just my thoughts.

10. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It clearly states tell us what you think of their video. Once you ask others opinions you have to be prepared to hear feed back that you might not like whether that is about video footage, how are my hero shot pictures or even how big do you think this buck is. If you dont have thick enough skin to hear something you dont want it is better not to ask. Pretty good footage by the way but like others said be more patient and dont force the shot. There are plenty of people out there shooting bucks they normally would not just to get footage and others that take shots because they feel they have to get that kill on film.

11. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    this is not directed at anyone in particular. these tactacam videos are ruining the quality of the production. they aren't clear and the wide angle lens makes everything look so small. there must not be any image stabilization in them. they just jerk the picture all over and make everyone motion sick. I wouldn't film with one of those if my life depended on it. anytime someone starts the tactacam I immediately fast forward through that part. I don't believe there will be a camera that will be good to go on or replace your stabilizer. they have been working on these for years and still can't get it right.

12. treyman654

treyman654 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Seriously I HATE the tactacam shots. Horrible.