Turkeys Coming Back

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by blueicefire, May 12, 2016.

1. blueicefire

blueicefire Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Was out in a corn field two days ago and got a shot off on one, hit it a little low and tried to track it, but he was keeping up with his flock and there really wasn't any blood or anything, just a little on my arrow.

So fast forward to this morning, I was trying to just let the area calm down and from what I have read normally you can go back to the same area the next morning and they should be back. I was out there and not even a peep of any turkey or anything. Absolutely nothing.. What I did notice is that the farmer has started cleaning the field up and that had to have been yesterday as the previous day he wasn't there. So I would assume that the turkeys probably got spooked off for now.

So my question is, should they come back? There was a good trail through the field and they were there multiple days in a row strutting and doing their turkey thing. Since for CT I have limited areas I can hunt, this really being the only corn type field, most everything else has long grass at this point.

2. Western MA Hunter

Western MA Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    they will be back.

3. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If it is the only corn field around, they should revisit it.

4. blueicefire

Dislikes Received:
    Turkeys are back, heard them all over just didn't come my way.. Still have over two weeks of hunt time so should be seeing them this week!!

5. gri22ly

gri22ly Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Turkey are dumber than bark on tree. Once had a big gobbler bust me trying to crawl out and put a decoy in a field...folded up, clucked a few times and ran into the woods. Set down in a fence row, waited about 15 min and called back out, lol. He seen the decoy (that he just busted me setting up) and ran right over to us.

6. blueicefire

Dislikes Received:
    Turkeys are back.. bunch of them all around me yesterday all hens. had a jake about 50 yards out that was on a mission, then when walking out, found 3 toms dusting themselves on the other side of the field. I know where I"ll be heading in the morning!!