Turkey Hunting & Velvet Bucks Illinois Public Land 2012 Videos

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Lady Forge, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Lady Forge

Lady Forge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well my hubby Louie got a Spring Turkey Tag for the Illinois public land he wanted , and asked me if I would video tape it for him.
    So once I got the all clear from the IDNR to film him on public land spring turkey hunting we set to it and did some practicing in the back yard shooting in the blind till we both felt comfortable with our shooting and filming setups.( Ya.. Im still using the old Sony Camcorder )
    The 1st morning we made the 35 minute drive there in the early morning dark and got all setup in the blind.
    This video is from the 1st day blind hunting ;)
    http://youtu.be/AW1ejzq0SIc

This next video is of Louie ground hunting while I film him from my climbing treestand, Couple of nice velvet bucks get up close to us. ** You will need to turn the volume way up on this video to hear the turkey gobble **
    http://youtu.be/UrO6wUDJe3s

It was a blast!

2. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You need to get permission from the IDNR to film hunts on IL public land? I did not know that....oops!

3. Lady Forge

Lady Forge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The site is posted that only permitted turkey hunters are allowed on site from morning to 1:00pm.. since I didnt have a turkey permit I thought it best to check with the IDNR to make sure I wasnt violating any IDNR laws, rules etc while filming him hunting that IDNR site.
    I figured better safe than sorry ;)