Turkey hunting question

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Shane0709, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hi all,
    I was just curious where you all would set up. It's an 81 acre piece, and in the middle there is a field with 3 foodplots and a pond. We have beans, clover, turnips, and some other grassy stuff planted. The areas circled are the foodplots. Last year we got tons of pictures of turkey in the foodplot durning deer season, but come turkey season, there are very few at all. Since then we have planted more though. It is 80% woods. Does this look like an okay habitat for a turkey? Based on the pictures, how would you hunt this property? I want to set up in a spot that will maximize my chances at success.
    Thanks again! View attachment 65978 View attachment 65979

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  2. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  3. sethf11

sethf11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No real set up. Roost them at night then you know where to be in the morning. That or hit the owl hooter just before first light and start running to where you hear them.

4. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That long comma shaped piece is a good looking place to me. Is that the area with clover in it? The turkeys around here like the short green areas to go strut in. There should be a good amount of bugs to draw them in there.
    Good Luck.