Turkey Hunting Question....Cold Weather...Snow

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Creeks, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Creeks

Creeks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This Saturday is opening day here in Virginia, I've hunted turkeys off and on over the years, but never when they are calling for snow and cold temps....lows Friday Night 27 high 45....Will that effect the Gobblers has far as Gobbling on that day, or if they ready...they ready... and will responded to calling etc...

Thanks
    Creeks

2. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Shouldn't, some of my best calling action was when there was still snow on the ground/early in the season. Being early yet, you should be able to get a bird to come in gobbling though.

Biggest tip I can give you is don't always assume they will gobble. A lot of guys get caught up in what they see on TV. I would say a good 60-70% of the birds I've gotten or had come in never gobbled or gobbled 1 time and then came in silent. Sit tight, be patient and do not move because all of a sudden there he is coming in.

good luck bud

3. Creeks

Creeks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you sir....the last one I killed, did just that....Gobbled twiced, then nothing.....20 mins later I seen a head come easing across top of hill.....next thing, here he comes.....BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

I'll be there Saturday Morning, set Blind up yesterday....

Creeks!

4. Creeks

Creeks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hunt was successful this weekend, we put 3 Gobblers on the ground.....It was snowing, cold, and windy, they came right in to my calling and decoys...We did use shotguns and not bows this round...but come WED. and THURS its stick and string only....

FB_IMG_1460216918331.jpg