Tuning a Ripcord CR

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by tdk5525, May 20, 2011.

1. tdk5525

tdk5525 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had my Ripcord on a Switchback. When I bought a Z7 Extreme, I put the Ripcord on it. The string from the rest to cable is pretty short for the Z7. I believe the string should be several inches below center, but it's only long enough to go 1.5 inches below level. Here's my question: Should I take things apart and put a longer string on to make the fit correct? I have a feeling my rest is not falling out of the way of my fletchings.

2. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    gosh i dont really know. i let the shop handle all my stuff. feels kinda bad saying that though.... i should at least know more about my tackle.

3. ICALL2MUCH

ICALL2MUCH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Search ripcord installation and you will find your answer. Also, put an arrow in your bow and draw back. Watch your rest, and then let down the bow....this might give you an idea as to when the rest is falling.

Good luck!

4. bowhuntjoe

bowhuntjoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had the code red on my Pse BowMadness then swaped it over to my z7 magnum, same thing, the chord was short & would only go directly accross to the cable... I recon it looks neater & as fare as performance well its still shooting spot on.. would not even bother playing around with it mate :)

5. MHSfootball86

MHSfootball86 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with joe. when i installed my CR I tried to install directly as stated in the directions with the cord way down on the cable. When i took it to the shop to have the center shot adjusted (don't have the stuff to do it at home) the tech moved the cord up to almost right below the cable guard. His reasoning was there is less cable to get caught on branches and brush in the field.

After installation take ICall2Much's advice and nock and arrow, pull back then slowly release to get an idea of where the rest is dropping compared to your fletching. if needed adjust the release string and try again.

6. tdk5525

tdk5525 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the insight and advice.

7. MHSfootball86

MHSfootball86 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    hows it working for you?

8. bowhuntjoe

bowhuntjoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Have any of you noticed the string on the code red wearing really bad where it comes out of the housing? mine is almost cut half way through !!! what do you replace it with? D loop string seems a bit thick? :/