Truglo crossbow 3 dot red dot sight

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by JHasty, Oct 28, 2018.

1. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys I purchased my daughter a crossbow this year and I was looking at getting one of the Truglo red dot sights with the 3 dots. I took the scope that came on it off because she’s only 6 and she is to small framed so the first time she shot it the scope hit her under the eye because she had her head right behind it. What I am trying to find out from anyone who may currently have or have had this model sight before is once its sighted are the 3 dots calibrated to certain yardages such as dot 1 25 yards, dot 2 35 yards, and dot 3 45 yards or do you just have to shoot and figure out what dot is what yardages? Thanks I advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. Zblevins

Zblevins Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would say you'll probably have to shoot it to get exact yardages simply because there are too many variables. Arrow length, arrow weight, broadhead choice, different power stroke lengths, etc etc. They should have a rough estimate in the manual that came with it or if you call their CS dept but in most cases no 2 set ups end up being truly identical. Best of luck!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JHasty likes this.