Trophy ridge react pro H5

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by triebs58, Apr 26, 2019.

1. triebs58

triebs58 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’m thinking about buying this sight does it work like say out to 60 yards is it worth the money

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have it and like it a lot and it is accurate. The react setting that moves all your pins at once really makes it a lot easier to re-sight in the bow if you change arrow or bow configurations, which has been really helpful for me during turkey season. When I am practicing or hunting whitetail I am shooting a 410gr arrow with blazer vanes but for turkey hunting I am use Magnus decapitation broad heads which are bigger, heavier, require a longer arrow to clear the riser, and they need 4" vanes to help stabilize them, all of which pushes my arrow weigh up to 490gr. Ive been switching twice a week during turkey season so its been really nice to be able to quickly get my sight reset for the slower arrows to go hunting then switch it back again after I am done and want to practice.

Be aware that the sight does have a minimum arrow speed requirement of 240 FPS. If your bow/arrow combination is shooting below 240fps then your pins will bottom out in the sight before you have reached the proper setting. Also, I believe the 240fps that trophy ridge states is probably assuming that you have a standard size point/broadhead and 3 blazer style vanes. I found that when I am shooting my arrows with the Magnus broadheads they need to be shot at about 250fps in order for it to work. I am assuming that is caused by the fact that the arrow slows down a lot faster when it has a giant 4" wide fixed broadhead on the front and four oversized vanes on the back.

triebs58 likes this.
  3. triebs58

triebs58 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for all the great info I just bought the SR6 set at 70 lbs with 29in draw should be good speed wise I think not sure how heavy my arrow is I’m shooting easton axis arrows with 125 grain broadhead when you set your 30 yard pin was 60 almost dead on for you

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

4. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the react h5. As the hunter mentioned above there are minimum & maximum Speed requirements. I think no more than 325-330 fps? I'm shooting right at 318 (Give or take) and I have no problem with sighting it in. It's accurate just like the videos and reviews you see.

My only problem with it is the light and closeness of my pins. I had an older trophy ridge site I first started with and never had an issue with the light. This particular one I believe keeps getting turned on in my case or either that I have a faulty light on this model. I've replaced the small batteries twice already in less than a year vs my old trophy ridge that never had one replaced in 3 seasons.