Trophy Photos

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by MIHOYT89, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Pitman

Pitman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My dad always said different strokes for different folks..

2. Sburns08

Sburns08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'll take a picture of my deep freeze for ya if you want us to show u our favorite spots for deer. Now that's some good.photography....the best picture to take is the one YOU take as a hunter that YOU will remember, it's not for everyone else anyway

3. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yea, I added that one because he mentioned those types of pics specifically. haha

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can't take credit for those shots. They are just some people that I know of that. Some outstanding trophy photos.

If someone is taking pictures to keep for themselves and maybe their close friends4th then I really don't care what they do. It's when they share4th them all over social media looking for that attention. Then they get upset when people don't drool over their picture of them straddling a deer in the bed of the truck. All while they have their tongue hanging out like their Michael Jordan and just dunked over Charles Barkley.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

5. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This is a serious photo question.

When you don't recover the deer the same day, and you find it 12+ hours later. How do you take good pictures while it's so stiff?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  6. bradn4201

bradn4201 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't care what kind of picture you take, I just hope if you're on team 2 that you take 2 pics with you and the animal and your bow in it;)

7. bowhunt4abuck

bowhunt4abuck Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have never really liked pictures, but this is my favorite picture of just me of all time. Not a lot of planning just drug it somewhere out into the open and snapped a few pics. I have seen planned ones I like I have just never put much thought into it.
    ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1475725802.853953.jpg

This one is not as good but I still love it lol

ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1475725841.443415.jpg

8. BACKSTRAPASSASSIN

BACKSTRAPASSASSIN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

For me it's about the excitement in the moment that makes the memories...not the best picture but I remember exactly how I felt when I found that deer and everything about the hunt...I enjoy taking quality pics when I have time but it certainly doesn't play a factor in the quality of the memories to me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  9. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I love the backhanded comments about truck bed photos are ruining hunting...if someone cannot see how social media impacts hunters' image than you're well beyond having the discussion. I think as others have outlined it has ZERO to do with actually taking the photo, it is then attempting to get it out there and seen by as many people as possible through social media that is when it becomes a problem.

I want the best representation of myself, my love of the sport and the overall sport of hunting to be reflected in a way that makes one see we are not barbarians simply feeding some carnivorous instinct (albeit that is woven in us). I want to look as a hunter, not a killer.

I miss the days before social media, when guys just had a roll of pictures typically stashed on their dash or in their glove box and when you ran into another hunter you'd begin sharing the photos and such...it wasn't so easy to just BAM 1,000 people see your photo in 24 hours.

The sad fact though is it isn't those days anymore, and the sad fact is there are anti's out their with deep pockets and big strings; big enough to swing UA against legal hunting in the blink of an eye without much effort.

If in an extremely small (miniscule) way I can assist in putting a better face forward for hunting by taking a couple minutes to tuck the deer's tongue in, wipe some blood from his hair and take a nice picture I'll do it....shoot even if I don't share it on social media or a site I'd still do that because it looks better and to me captures the moment so in 10, 20 or 30 years when I look through my photos I can still love the picture and the memory it triggers and love showing it to those interested.

I may have missed it but no one has said truck bed pictures are wrong or shouldn't happen and you're an idiot for doing them...it has merely been stated that spreading them on social media is of poor taste and in many opinions not the best thing for the hunting community.

You wanna take that little blurb and run with it or take it out of context like a politician fine go for it...state I and everyone else need to get over it and stop catering to the anti hunters out there so be it. You do you, I'll do me...I'm guessing I'll have more actual discussions (not arguments) with people not into hunting because of it than you ever will.

10. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    LOVE candid shots! Awesome!

11. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The difference being, you get it. Some guys don't and likely never will. Some of them (as proven here) have zero clue that there are at least 10, very well funded and organized groups that are coming after our right to hunt on a daily basis. Some guys would rather think only of themselves and live in a dream world that nothing could ever take away their right to hunt. Some guys have their heads so far up their butts that they cant fathom the negative impact a simple photograph can make. Some guys that hunt, are just as dangerous to our rights to hunt as our neighbors that care more about animals than children. But, some guys just don't get it.

12. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I see it in hunting, gun ownership and shoot even the church. One of the biggest threats to all three of those things are the actions and decisions made by those within them.

13. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Fortunately, there are hunting companies out there that are pushing their customers to take better pictures.