Treestand Safety

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by firstdraw, Jul 25, 2020.

1. firstdraw

firstdraw Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I always considered myself to be safe while using a tree stand. I have the harness and necessary equipment to make sure I am always connected to the tree. I realized the gap in my safety was "what happens when I fall", I was more worried about preventing the fall and not covering how will I get to safety if I were to fall. Falling out of tree may not happen to everyone, but we may know of a few people who suffered tree stand injuries.

I have been reading up on equipment to help with getting to safety if a fall happens. I saw this product, https://treestandwingman.com/, and was looking to see if others have other recommendations or experience with the product that they can share with us as we get closer to the hunting season.

2. Whackemnstackem

Whackemnstackem Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use the Hunter Safety system life line and have for a couple of years won't go up a tree without it.

3. Wibisono69

Wibisono69 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    +1
    [​IMG]

4. buck16on

buck16on Newb

Dislikes Received:
    98% of the time I'm hunting using a climbing tree stand. I take a 30 foot life line and cut it to be 20 feet long; because I'm never above 20 feet in a tree. I carry the life line with me and climb the tree using the 20 foot life line. My thought is I can always hug the tree and slowly inch my way down the life line.