Tree Walker treestands

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by vectrix27, Nov 20, 2012.

1. vectrix27

vectrix27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have an old API that i have hunted out of for many years. It still works but I could use a new one. Been looking into some, and was considering the Treewalker. Anybody used one? Was just wanting a review of the stand. Thanks

2. DonMatzeder

DonMatzeder Newb

Dislikes Received:
    There was a recent thread about a broken treewalker and terrible customer service from them.....

3. michaelp

michaelp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have been using one for several years. They are very quick from your back to the tree, and pack up just as quick. There is nothing to bungee, or breakdown...the bottom piece is machined to fit snug inside the top piece for transport. The also grip a tree like as good or better than anything out there. The only concern I would have is actual transport. They are long and at 6' 2" my boots still hit the stand occasionally while walking.

Overall I think they are on par with anything being made today. I have considered trying some other stands, but the owners are top notch, and I really prefer sending my money/business their way.

Depending on your style and needs they may not work for you...., I will tell you I really like the stand for hunting Georgia and bama...but we have a lot of straight trees as well.

4. kennyg

kennyg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have had one 3 years now. Its the only stand I have been able to do all day sits. It weighs 17.5 pounds. I love the mesh seat. I dont like the seats you actually sit in that mold around you. I am only 5'8" and have never had the problem the post ^^^ above has had with it hitting my feet. The optional gun hooks and bow holder are well worth it. The padded roll / backrest I dont seam to care for. I wouldnt buy a different climber. Also, I have had good luck with customer service. Bonus - All American Made! I know they arent as common as other brands, but I have never seen a used one for sale. I believe because once you have one, you keep it.