Tree Stands

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by MnHunterr, Apr 29, 2015.

1. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Haven't had a lone wolf but my xop is very similar and I like it. I have big dog stands from Menards for my cheap permanent stands, they were like $30

2. Rogue6

Rogue6 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If your looking to Hang ladder stands I use Big Game stands they are pretty affordable and easy to put up. Academy, Gander Mountain and Cabelas all sell them.

3. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I highly recommend for any stand you buy that may not be high end (sprotsmans guide, Dik's Sporting Goods, etc) that before you assemble it you prime it and paint it. I replace all the hardware with stainless or paint the hardware/connections that comes with it after assembly. Wherever there are any metal on metal connections put nylon/plastic washers. We also lubricate those connections with LBG or Vaseline. Make sure when you paint you don't clog up the drain holes that some of the stands have, also on the sportsmans guide stands with the sling seats that can be noisy you can easily replace them with cargo netting seats that are comfortable & quiet and easy to make at home.

4. mike71198

mike71198 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    if you are thinking LW, I would look at the XOP, it is the same guy who made the LW and he started his only company after the patent expired, At first he was using the china built LW but I think now they are American made.