Trayvon Martin vs. George Zimmerman ....

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Tony, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  2. Parker70

Parker70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hmm. Jury trial will be interesting.

3. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was really getting worried that this thread was not going to make 40 pages. Now, I just know it will!

4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I wonder if Zimmerman has ever watched Dirty Dancing?

5. OHbowhntr

OHbowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Gonna get thrown out before it ever makes it to a jury.... And rightfully so... The U.S. Constitution says that we have a right to self defense up to and including lethal force for the protection of ourselves or even other persons if we believe that they are in imminent danger. A point blank GSW to an otherwise uninjured assailant is about as "self defensive" as it gets, coupled with the injuries to GZ, it's very sad that because of media games, NAACP's actions, and even those of our POS POTUS and POS USAG, that Zimmerman was ever charged to begin with.

Rather than being charged with MURDER, he should be heralded as a LEGAL concealed weapon carrier who used his weapon in an appropriate manner to defend himself when he was under attack. People can play "politically correct (aka spineless cowards afraid to anger the aggressive whiners on the left) if they like, but I'll call it as I see it, with an HONEST spin, and this should be embraced by gun-owners as an appropriate use of a concealed weapon by a LAW ABIDING citizen. However, since there is the racial overtone in this, people are deemed racists for supporting GZ, or racist for saying anything other than GZ did something wrong.

Any reasonable person who had a weapon on them, and was having their skull smashed into a curb would've done the same thing, and rightfully so, as the rights given them by the U.S. Constitution.

The true tragedy is the 17yr old whose parents FAILED him, and the young man (GZ) whose life has been ruined in part by this angry adolescent's poor choices coupled with a media misportrayal, and the black community's misguided outrage. In the end, maybe the black community will see that they've been PLAYED by the media, and realize that the fault lies in the young man who made bad choices, prior to and on that night, that put him in that situation in which he was eventually killed.

6. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, lol

7. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Doug ... you are one warped thinking sucker ...

8. OHbowhntr

Dislikes Received:
    Read the U.S. Constitution, it's makes self defense quite clear.... Unfortunately those lawyers who spent 6-8 yrs. supposedly studying law somehow can't comprehend it very well though.

Sadly Gary, you're a bit too ignorant and full of the meal the liberal media fed you to see the story for what it really is.

And if race and age of the two parties were removed, people could see this for what it is... A LAW ABIDING GUN OWNER legally using his LEGALLY CONCEALED WEAPON to defend his person against injury/death while being the victim of an assault.

Isn't this why people get a CCW license in the first place??? To have a weapon available to defend themselves or others against an attack??? Does it really matter if that attacker is 17 or 31??? The results are not unchanged whether a 17yr old hits you with 300PSI of force to the face, or a 31yr old does, your nose still breaks. If a 17yr old smashed your head into a curb with 400PSI of force, it's going to do the same damage as if a 31yr old did. BUT, if you shoot a 17yr old for assaulting you, it's somehow worse than if you shoot a 31yr old for assaulting you???

The media are a very powerful brainwashing group, no doubt about it.

9. OHbowhntr

Dislikes Received:
    How so Tony??? When you lost "Preacher" on your name, I think you lost the ability to reason!!!

What's not self-defense about a guy who's having his head smashed into a curb shooting that assailant???

What's wrong with a guy trying to keep his neighborhood safe???

What's right about a person smashing another person's head into a curb???

What's right about the media lying to the public and creating racial tensions???

What's wrong with the TRUTH???

It's a sad day when supposedly educated people don't have the intelligence to see things for what they really are, or are too spineless to make the unpopular stand against the ignorant masses. I know Jesus would have said to "turn the other cheek," but at what point would he have said I have a right to defend myself if I were on the ground having my skull smashed into a curb??? And at what point would he say that it's okay to defend someone who is being wrongfully accused??? Tell me "preacher," WWJD???

10. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    There are many groups who are good at brain washing Doug.

I know you feel the need to label people who do not agree with your view. So feel free to keep at it and I will keep laughing.

11. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wow ..... I ........wow.....

12. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    "Momma says alligators is so 'ornery cuz they got all dem teeth and no toofbrush."

13. 1st Time Hunter

1st Time Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know that I didn't get my CCW license to go "looking" for something to get involved in and then when it gets out of hand and comes back to me...then at that point go ahead and use it because it becomes a matter of self defense. You said it yourself...have the weapon available to defend themselves or others in an attack. When GZ first called the police...was he under attack or anyone else for that matter? NOPE!. There was a "suspicious" person walking in a troubled neighborhood. GZ followed him, got out of his vehicle to go looking for him and to confront him. But, then the tables turned on him and GZ started to get his a$$ handed to him, at that point is when it became self defense and I don't think anybody is arguing that point. But, what you can't open your mind to see is that it didn't even have to get that far. That kid would still be alive if GZ didn't get out of his vehicle in the first place! NOBODY WAS IN IMMEDIATE DANGER!! Nobody knew what that kid, don't care what age, was thinking when he was being followed. If I were being followed, I know for sure that I wouldn't be calm and collected about it and I can promise you that I would be on alert and ready to defend myself if someone got out of a vehicle to come up to me after being followed. This is where there is such a grey area...nobody knows what really happened during this time. We do know that GZ got out of his vehicle with his gun when he didn't need to, a confrontation happened, GZ got more than he bargained for and used his weapon to save his a$$. I personally think he was on a power trip and it back fired on him.

14. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    aaaaaaaaaand there it is. Sorry Fletch, this sucker isn't making 40 pages.

(not referring to you Melissa)

Last edited: May 17, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.