Trayvon Martin vs. George Zimmerman ....

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Tony, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    He lost sight of him, looked for him and didn't see him, turned and was walking back when he was approached from behind. I'm not saying that is what happened but that is his story. If that scenario is true then TM approached GZ, fairly simple. An individual is allowed to get out of his/her car, you two wouldn't have and I get that but you understand not everyone would repond how you might and just getting out of your car looking for someone is not a crime even though it may have led to one. As of now we don't know how exactly that played out and what crimes were committed, just like 20 pages ago.

2. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I honestly don't care, the hot chick wants to share my tank top:)

3. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    :rofl:

4. OHbowhntr

OHbowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Gary,
    The reason is is ASSUMED that Martin "jumped" GZ, is because GZ was the one they found beat up, and other than the gunshot, Martin appeared unharmed. If you're a reasonable person, and you find a guy that is beat up, and another guy with nothing but a gunshot wound, who are you going to assume jumped who??? :confused:

No he didn't, he trailed Martin, because he saw Martin acting what he thought was "suspicious," then Martin furthered that suspicion by running. At that point, I think MOST people would think a person is suspicious... Why the heck would he take of running anyhow??? Zimmerman reports to the 911 dispatcher (NOT A COP) that he lost him, and is walking back to his car.... The timeline is unknown for certain beyond that, but what we DO know is that Zimmerman started following Martin on Foot, Martin took off running through yards and lost Zimmerman, and Zimmerman was headed back to his car when the 911 call ended.

The "hot chick???" How can you tell she's "hot???" All you have is a postage stamp sized picture, and for all you know, she's really Chaz Bono in real life!!! Gary, I'd have expected better of you than that!!! :D

Again, I think when it's all open and in the public eye, we're going to see a very different picture than has been painted by the media, and lets not forget that the same media who created this circus is the ones that are making $$$$$ off of the fiasco they created. Sadly, they've used a tragedy to bolster their ratings... :mad:

And while I believe Martin was killed by GZ in self-defense, I also am open minded enough to realize that he sounds like he was a young man who had some issues, but didn't really deserve to die. However, when you engage in an altercation in the circumstance he did (or so it would seem), the end result may be the ultimate end.

5. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    :lol:

6. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Germ....New....., you guys okay? I'm worried about you. You havent posted anything here for hours! Please....just let us know that you are fine, or I'll have to send over the captain of you neighborhood watch teams.

7. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Fine, but it appears you miss us:)

8. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Miss you! I was worried sick. :D

9. NEW61375

Dislikes Received:
  10. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good read, people liked George, Ted Bundy was well liked also:)

Had to:)

"We've had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there's a real suspicious guy," Zimmerman said, as Trayvon Martin returned home from the store.

The last time Zimmerman had called police, to report Burgess, he followed protocol and waited for police to arrive. They were too late, and Burgess got away.

This time, Zimmerman was not so patient, and he disregarded police advice against pursuing Martin.

"These *******s," he muttered in an aside, "they always get away."

After the phone call ended, several minutes passed when the movements of Zimmerman and Martin remain a mystery.

Moments later, Martin lay dead with a bullet in his chest.

He followed protocol and nobody died, interesting

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  11. NEW61375

Dislikes Received:

NIce comparison. A serial killer, rapist, kidnapper, and necrophile who assaulted and murdered 30 + women and a guy who may or may not be guilty of second degree murder. I thought the article gave some insight into the mindset of people in the neighborhood and how something like this could have happened. It also gave some factual history about the shooter as opposed to the other main stream media outlets that immediately painted him as a racist, gun weilding nutjob. No biggie it doesn't change anything, I just found it interesting.

I also have a mental image of Fletch setting a hook right now :)

12. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Somebody grab the net! The BIG one, I think it's a double!!!

13. NEW61375

Dislikes Received:
    "He followed protocol and nobody died, interesting"

That's what you took from that? I'm sure if you were the husband of the woman who had to lock herself in the bathroom with her infant while the two guys burglarized your home you'd feel a little different. Yes noone got killed but noone got caught or arrested at that time either, so they are in turn free to continually prey on the non-criminal element. I'm not saying he was right or wrong I'm just saying I can understand being fed up with criminals having free reign in my neighborhood and can see how frustration, anger, fear could have influenced the outcome of that night.

14. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Would BTK guy been better? He was on church council.

I found the last couple paragraphs real interesting if I was the prosecutor. Last time police were late, so I will handle it myself. I bet that is the way she will spin it.

15. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am sure Trayvons mom wishes he would have shot that guy.
    We can spin it both ways new:)

16. NEW61375

Dislikes Received:
    What am I spinning?

"It also gave some factual history about the shooter as opposed to the other main stream media outlets that immediately painted him as a racist, gun weilding nutjob. No biggie it doesn't change anything, I just found it interesting."

"I'm not saying he was right or wrong I'm just saying I can understand being fed up with criminals having free reign in my neighborhood and can see how frustration, anger, fear could have influenced the outcome of that night."

17. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

18. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I may have to ban fletch for this.

19. OHbowhntr

OHbowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    And if Trayvon's Mom had kept him walking a little straighter line, he'd have been at home that night, and not staying with his dad due to his suspension from school.... :tu: And if his parents were REALLY involved in his life, they wouldn't have found out in the morning that their son had been shot, they'd have been wondering where the hell he was long before a morning phone call alerted them that he was dead.... :wave:

And again, you CAN spin it many ways... :D

20. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    I laughed.:p

Just hated to see them let it go before it made 40 pages. Sorry, I know it was selfish.:argue:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.