Transitions

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by gri22ly, Dec 14, 2018.

1. gri22ly

gri22ly Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Transitions, physical not material, (which are both equally important, yet all together different) seem to offer a window of opportunity. As a buck shifts within his environment, he often makes mistakes adjusting to the new transition. If you can move in just ahead of the shift, there's a good chance to capitalize as the transition takes place.

Take the buck I shot this year for instance...I knew the general area he was in, but had no idea exactly where he was. So to blindly attempte a hunt, would have chanced altering his current pattern, indirectly affecting his next shift altogether. But I'm getting off topic, "cause and effect" is an entirely different subject. Anyhow, I had no idea exactly where the buck was, but I knew where his next transaction would take place, moved in and capitalized as the shift occurred.

Thoughts, ideas, theories or experience with shifts/transitions?

2. Jerry Casperson

Jerry Casperson Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well i can tell you this. ever year about Mid-september the older bucks on my property transition to the fields that are 1/2 mile behind us. They do not show back up until the last week of october. So i try to stay out of my property till the last week of october. That first week they are usually day walkers. or just before dark walkers, but figuring out which stand they will be by is a trick.

gri22ly likes this.