Trail Cam Setup recommendations

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Brandon8807, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Brandon8807

Brandon8807 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Alright so I have some questions for you guys regarding trail cam setups. I just finally got around to setting up a trail cam that a bought a year or so ago, and the results left me with some questions.

While i did enjoy some success with the cam, I also ran into some frustration. I know you want to have the camera set up facing either N/S so that the sun doesn't trigger the camera. I trimmed away any branches/thorn bushes etc that I thought would trip the camera. When I set the camera up I set the date and time, and set the sensor level at normal with a 3 shot burst/10 sec interval.
    On the first initial test pictures, it correctly showed the date and time, but for some reason part way into the pics it reset to factory date and time. I also had to sort through about 4,000 pictures and delete all of the false triggers out. I'm just curious if I should be setting the sensitivity level to low in order to avoid the false triggers or what I should do?

I apologize for my ignorance, but I'm brand new to trail cameras. Whatever advice you guys could give me, I would greatly appreciate it!

2. austin97

austin97 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    it depends on where you put the camera and how close the dear will be.
    if its on a food plot the deer are going to stay there for a while so sensetivity could be lower.
    but if its on a trail i set it to med or high depending on how far and fast the deer will be passing by.

one question what kind of camera did you get??

3. Brandon8807

Brandon8807 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It's a DLC Covert II