toxic broadhead

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by doc.Holiday, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Mkwa Hunter

Mkwa Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just put an order to purchase some. I will keep you updated as well.

2. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds good. Planning on for deer or any different kind of animal? Think someone said they did Turkey with them too

3. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just teasing ya Turro, looked like an awesome hunt! Not much opportunity for bear here in Alabama but I want to do it sometime.

4. mandosound

mandosound Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like it really did a number on that bear. Great signs of what to expect out in the woods. Hopefully I will get a good shot this season to put it to the test as well.

Great job man!

5. raynman46

raynman46 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    seeing a few pictures online of the aftermath these things cause, all i can say is wow. It looks like penetration isnt an issue like i figured and the amount of damage they do is crazy. I think Flying Arrow has a good product that your going to see a few copies of by other companies next year.

6. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No worries. It was a blast. I kinda hated to take the smaller one since I knew the bigger one was around, but since he spooked out I didn't want to chance waiting and losing both (and my wife said I better have something to show for what its taken prepping :). I coulda held off and I'm guessing in the rest of the season I coulda had another shot, but had a great time and decided it would be a great way for it to go. This one will fit perfectly on the wall and got some cool ideas for the skull for a mount. Now I got the first bow kill done and ready to be patient for the right deer. I'm planning recurve or traditional after deer season and the other bear would make an awesome kill with that next year.

7. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    After seeing how the broadhead did, I'm thinking I'd stick with it for future bears too, at least for me. I'm curious to see how others do with them.

8. henson59

henson59 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My buddy has a pack and so far he reports good things. He is going to try and shoot a doe with one and when I see the results I may buy a pack myself

9. mrcpntr

mrcpntr Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have bought a pack myself and I'm itching to use them up here on some whitetail. One thing for certain, it definitely chews up targets quickly.

10. mrcpntr

mrcpntr Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Nailed a doe with one Thursday. 30 yd shot, caught her broadside and she dropped within 10 yds!

11. Hookturn

Hookturn Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I shot a buck with one and here's a pic of the entrance hole. It made it to the other side of the ribcage and broke the ribs but didn't pass through. Here's pic of the entrance wound. Was about a 15 yard shot at 60lbs. This was my first deer so I don't have anything to compare it to as far as blood trails, but there was plenty of blood and easy to track. My shot was a bit high, but got both lungs. He made it about 50 yards before going down.
    photo (12).jpg

12. crxwolski

crxwolski Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I took down 3 does this year using this broad head. Range was 15yrd to 51yrds. all 3 shot though the shoulder and out the other side. They really surprise me on the 51yrd shot.