Top New Hunting Arrows For 2020

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bowhunting.com Staff, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Bowhunting.com Staff

Bowhunting.com Staff Administrator

Dislikes Received:
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No heavy arrows?

cantexian likes this.
  3. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No but thank God they offered a few for 300 a dozen .... That's how you know they are the best

Cannon06, virginiashadow, BB1 and 2 others like this.
  4. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Whoever is writing these articles that seem to push the most expensive products available is out-of-touch with what makes this bow hunting community great. There is already too many articles pushing the latest, greatest, and highest priced products out there. Get back to writing about the experiences of bow hunting. Maybe then I will get back to reading the articles.

Kfili likes this.
  5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    The articles are just covering what's new in any given category of products. We can't control what those products are or how much they cost. Don't shoot the messenger.

If you have any specific ideas on what you'd like to see more of, we're all ears!

6. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How about a poor man's approach to bow hunting. Or stories about food plotting on a budget. Or featured articles about different states IE New York, Michigan, or Carolina

7. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I like all those, Fix. Justin's point is valid too and I get it. When I was a young man, I used to obsess over Field and Stream articles until all I was reading about were hunting/fishing trips I may never be able to afford and gear that was well out of reach for the average outdoorsman like myself, so I stopped reading their articles. I'm not really being critical here, but you said you're all ears. While I like to see the new, cutting edge flippers, noodles and gadgets, I'd love to see some average guy stuff mixed in.

8. justinwmoe88

justinwmoe88 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The hunting public does a Walmart bow hunt for dirt cheap with complete success to prove how cheap archery can be. Was a really cool video. I love watching them be as successful at hunting as they are using basic stuff. Bow hunt or die is a great show as well but falling away from the hunting aspect and more so towards the advertising.. I like the early episodes where they were still sporting the predator camo! the article about the dairy farm recently was pretty good though!

9. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed, I honestly think we should all give ideas. You should never ***** unless you have some form of solution. I read ever article that comes out and last time I purchased arrows they were Black Eagle and that was due to info on this site (side note Effin love Black Eagle now). But if you let it get too one sided you lose readers. Keep them coming guys.
    Another idea.... Lessons learned article? Every Hunter has wasted money and opportunity doing this sport. I'm happy to learn from others.

cantexian likes this.
  10. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed on both those. But I was thinking a little more in-depth. Like we bought these 5 brands of arrows (FMJ to Walmart) and here is what we found. Without a sponsor nod

justinwmoe88 likes this.
  11. cantexian

Dislikes Received:

@Fix has some good ideas. Personally, I think it would be cool to let some of the members give a story-based version of some of their hunts from the Live From the Stand thread. Following along with LFTS is one of the best parts of the forum. Having a condensed story of some of those events could make for a good series.

Kfili, Cannon06, JeffC and 5 others like this.
  12. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    I could write a lesson-learned article on why I am moving to a heavier arrow set up after losing the only deer I shot with a bow this year due to a lack of pass-through.

jonderrs7 and Sota like this.
  13. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Since we have that in common, I'd love to read it. And, yeah, LFTS is my fav. The glory and the heartache, the whiffs and the hero shots all in one spot semi live.

Kfili likes this.
  14. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    All good ideas guys - keep them coming! Some of these ideas/topics are already on the list of ideas for this year and are in the works. We're in the process of laying out our content strategy for the balance of 2020 so this is perfect timing.

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Evaluate the bows that are not the flagship models to show what offers the best bang for not the most buck.

Kfili and cantexian like this.
  16. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    In my opinion there is a huge drive in the industry right now for "DIY Hunts/DIY Hunters." People are tired of watching and listening to people who have unlimited funds and who hunt large farms with 5+ 200". The BHOD show is excellent, but agree with the others that more articles surrounding the DIY stories, set ups, and experiences would be something I would be interested in.

Okiebob and jonderrs7 like this.
  17. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How about how to build your arrow for what you want and the benefits of speed, FOC, Weight and such. With Tech break downs and charts

Okiebob, cantexian and justinwmoe88 like this.
  18. justinwmoe88

justinwmoe88 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think more people would build their own arrows if they knew more about it. These are the articles that help the majority of viewers and not focus on the 10% of them who can afford the best of the best.. maybe use the sponsored brands bottom line of gear and explain the differences instead of only showing the biggest baddest stuff they offer..

jonderrs7 likes this.
  19. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    That would be interesting as I am in the process of learning to really build my own arrows as I search for a better arrow setup. I will never be that guy who buys a new bow every year, but I can see myself doing a lot of arrow tinkering. I really enjoy the process.

Cannon06 likes this.
  20. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's next level addicting. I made up a dozen of Rampages last year and I already want to switch.... Not that I don't love them but because I think I can front load and add weight. But, I digress

jonderrs7 likes this.