Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

To do list?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by buckeye, Aug 17, 2008.

1. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So... What is left on your to do list????

My bow and climber are taken care of.... Nothing else is though. I have a lot of stuff to take care of yet, but it is all small misc stuff that in reality will take little time and effort to get squared away.

I may even put a lock on up yet.... It is pretty late but I have picked up on some feeding patterns at one of my spots that looks like it will hold for the opener on the 27th of next month. If I can get some rain one day soon after work I will head out to a couple spots that I will be using my climber and check on the summer growth and trim if need be.

2. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Buy a new trolling motor
    Send meanv 125.00 in the morning for my arrows and GrizzTrick
    New tags for my boat
    Buy KY Tag and MI doe Permits

The ROSS is ready to go!!!!

3. OKbowhunter

OKbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am basically ready to go. The stands are hung, the gear is ready, and the bow is in tip-top shape.

But I'll still practice as much as possible between now and Oct. 1

4. Rob / PA

Rob / PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Gots to hang a stand out back here at the house to try to intercept that big one I saw the last two morning before work.

I need another dozen 2413's bought and made up.

I have a ton of laundry (hunting cloths) to wash.

5. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a LOT of stuff to do yet. I need to walk the property line and freshen posted signs, and sign all the blank signs (one trespassers excuse last year :rant:). I will be moving game cams into spots specicically targeting trespassers too. I have one hang on stand that needs moved to focus on a new crop rotation. I need to topdress the plots with another 250lbs of fertilizer. I need to pull the feeders. I need to cut, haul, split, and stack more wood at camp. I need to get my primary hunting bow, and get all the accessories for it, get it tuned and dialed in. I need to finish tweaking my backup hunting bow. I need to recieve my order of new camo, and wash it and all the other camo and get it all packaged for the year in scent proof containers. I've also aquired a washing machine that will be used specifically for hunting clothes, and I need to do a bit of plumbing to get water lines into it and the drain line out.

I'm sure there are a bunch of other things I'm forgetting. The food plots look good though. :d

6. jmbuckhunter

jmbuckhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Have a few more shooting lanes to clear for my climber. Might hang 1 more stand. Get all my huntin clothes washed and put in containers.

Watch my food plots grow!!

7. mobow

mobow Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm mostly ready to go. My bow is set up and perfectly tuned....I use a climber almost exclusively so I don't have an stands to get ready..I've already inspected my Summit and it's in good working order.

Really, all I need to do is get some detergent and body soap and wash all my clothes. And just get some misc. items together in my fanny pack.....Oh, I need to locate my bow hanger, I'm not sure where that rascal went.

8. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm pretty good to go. Shot broadheads over the weekend. 95% of my clothes are washed. Orgnization is about all that's left.
    Most importantly I have to not slack off these last few weeks of running to be in shape for Idaho.

9. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    clothes, and bow ready. Still havent hung a stand yet though.

I always start off climbing anyway....and this year I am throwing the DB blind into the mix.

I am ready, but my farms arent. My best place, still under water. Beavers will be anhilated to prevent future happenings this winter..TNT comes to mind.

10. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Still have to wash a closet full of Camo and hang four stands on a new property.

11. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I'm pretty much ready, I do need to organize my camo though... and maybe get some new stuff :) I'm not too worried out getting ready for deer season, since the elk hunt comes first. We planted a great food plot a couple weeks ago, and with the rainfall of late it is alsmost 6" tall already. I do need to sharpen a couple of knives, and replace batteries in my lights... but that's about all I can think of...

12. BowHuntingFool

BowHuntingFool Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm pretty much ready to go, I still need to fletch up some more arrows! I'm thinking about getting a side quiver, Safari Tuff Arrowmaster, other than that I ready!

13. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Wisconsin deer licenses to purchase.

14. Txjourneyman

Txjourneyman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have so much left to do. This weekend I'll get stands hung in west Tx. In 2 or 3 weeks I'll hang stands in east Texas. I have to wash camo, buy more arrows for my longbow,then crest and fletch them. Our season starts on 9/27 so it will really be a late start especially in east Tx.

15. huntingson

huntingson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have 2 stands cleared but need hung. I have 2 new stands to put in. I have to clean all my hunting clothes. I have to pack!!! I leave in 8 days!

16. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Gotta buy license, wash clothing, boots, etc, and get a stand up.