Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Tips for a first timer?

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by xtreme16, Feb 8, 2013.

1. xtreme16

xtreme16 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am looking to shed hunt this weekend on a possible new property... What is the best way to find sheds up here in Northern WI? Tips? Thanks!

2. REMYNGTON

REMYNGTON Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A fresh property is tough. I would only go about it as scouting, but keeping the eyes peeled, as if we don't everytime we go in the woods. So I would just suggest some Topo maps to get a feeling of where the probable bedding areas may be aswell as the travel corridors and best food they have on the property. Then just getting eyes on and a feel of the land. But you'll definitely learn the most by putting the boots to the fallen leaves and actually getting a feel for the area. Honestly I feel a new property is obviously the toughest to shed hunt on. You're pretty much just making educated guesses. :) good luck( I know I need it) haha

3. xtreme16

xtreme16 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks remngton!

4. PCO50

PCO50 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Definatley harder for a new property. I would first start in any food source, corn field, alfalfa field, bean field, ect.. Then from there follow a few trails coming out of the woods into the field and follow those back into the woods.