Tiger

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by NY Bowhunter, Feb 3, 2015.

1. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Look out Agusta...

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Tiger is good for golf. I went to see tiger golf a few years back it is amazing how the fairway narrows when he is coming thru, twice the number of cameras as well it is crazy.

3. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Three years ago, I didn't think he had much chance of getting his body and mind in a champions form. He obviously did the work and is now enjoying the fruits. Good for him, I think he brings a lot to the game. When he is on point, I don't think the world has ever seen better.

NEW61375 and greatwhitehunter3 like this.
  4. takemrarely

takemrarely Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    His attitude changed too. He gained some humility from what I saw.

I’m not a Tiger guy, but good on him for what he accomplished after so many wrote him off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dnoodles and fletch920 like this.
  5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nailed it!

That was quite possibly the best Masters final round I have ever seen. Kept you hanging until the final putt of the tournament.

Epic vintage Tiger, let the field fall to the pressures and methodically take the course down.

4 balls in the water at 12 was the beginning of the end, all resulted in double bogies.

6. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What occurred today was one of the greatest moments in the history of golf.

7. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I'm not gonna say he's back but, he won another major. He's put a major part of his life behind him and deserves the win he got today. Been a long time and long road. He is good for the game and the fans are behind him. I was happy to see him win today. Although if Molinari hadn't made some mistakes of his own, I don't know if Tiger would have caught him. But that's the game and he did what he needed to do to win. Good for him!

Tiger won't be the Tiger of old all the sudden, but damn glad to see him win another major!

8. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I can’t remember the last time I watched golf but I watched it all day today. What I watched today was incredible. Absolutely insane. Amazing. Intense. Great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrk_indle84 and Okiebob like this.
  9. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Felt same way, the masters is really only golf ever watch and it was awesome to see Tiger work through the course. Even the few bad shots he made he came right back and made a great shot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

10. Cooter/MN

Dislikes Received:
    Like you said he’ll never be the Tiger of old again but he clearly has returned to being one of the top players in the world. In the last 3 majors he has finished 6th, 2nd and 1st.

Hillbilly Jedi likes this.
  11. Hatfield Hunter

Hatfield Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    sorry guys ! I am not on the Tiger ship ! I do not hate the guy though ! Absolutely hate the press coverage of Tiger Woods, I finally had it when Tiger was 8 or 10 strokes behind on a Saturday a few years ago and all the coverage was on Tiger, You barely saw the top 3 leaders it was all Tiger, Tiger farted OOOOO ! Tiger took a drink of water OOOOO Tiger wiped his brow OOOOO ! all week CBS had Tiger almost non stop, even before golf started ! Ya know their are hundreds of golfers out their folks wheres Fuzzy when you really need him ?

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My son and I stayed and had a few more at the tavern to watch Tiger win, neither of us are golfers or fans really it was just a good watch. I was at the US open a few years ago and was amazed at how things changed when Tiger was approaching on the course, the gallery tripled in size the cameras tripled the guy golfs in a pressure cooker. TV ratings when Tiger is in contention justify the coverage he gets.

13. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Tiger is the ratings, he single handedly turns out crowds when he commits to a tournament. There is no comparison to drawing power and people tune in to see Tiger. They are not catering to him, they are catering to those who are watching to see him play. I've watched every tournament that he has been in, and I have seen plenty of times when he isn't in contention they stop following him and show some of his shots as "this was Tiger's shot earlier".

He went from untouchable to the bottom of the barrel, to comeback kid that just couldn't do it anymore to now where he has fully realized that he is not the same Tiger of days gone by.

This Masters, especially Sunday, was bigger than the game of golf. If Tiger was not in it, it would have been just another Masters tournament with marginal ratings and normal attendance.

Just like in my youth I was a Michael Jordan fan not a Bulls nor basketball fan, it was the same when he retired the first time for baseball and came back. Then again when he came back from retirement to play for the Wizards. He was bigger than the game and while he would never be the player he once was, he still had his flashes of brilliance and was better than 60% of the players.

People could clearly see Tiger still had it, but also accepted that he had lost a lot as well and may never win another major. To come back from the injuries to his knee and back is incredible in any sport.

I guess you just have to be a Tiger Woods fan.

14. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Only if you are a female.
    My son and I watched him play his last NCAA tournament before he turned pro. We were a hole ahead of him. I watched him kick the grass, throw clubs and generally act like a three year old. I told my son if did that, he would be spending a lot of time in the clubhouse. Later, watched a couple of minutes with him dropping F-bombs right and left on national TV. Not what I would call a role model. He might possible beat Jack's record but he will never be the gentleman that Jack and a bunch of others proved to be. Know whut I mean, Vern?

15. Cooter/MN

Dislikes Received:
    Do you judge all middle aged men by how they behaved when they were 20?

Happy and Sota like this.
  16. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Tiger tee's off at 9:34 tomorrow and 12:41 Friday. CST

17. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    ^^^^ Thursday??

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

18. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, all the tournaments start on Thursday for 4 rounds.

19. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A friend of mine from GA called me Monday and offered me a ticket for Friday. It killed me to say no, but I have too much on my plate with getting my new business up and running and remodeling the office. The consolation is that he said he would get me tickets for two days next year. It has always been a dream of mine to go to that tournament. It may finally happen. I would actually love to go on Wednesday and watch them practice when they are more relaxed and hitting extra shots etc. I think you have a better chance of interaction then also. I told him I would like to go on Wednesday and Thursday next year if possible. But, beggars can't be choosers and I will take whatever I can get. I honestly hope that Tiger is in contention on Sunday.

20. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I always liked Mon & Tues full course was open, players were more friendly, chatty and looser. Wed is the par 3…but some players get out on the main course for some practice… Thurs-Sun it’s all business and they get serious!

Surprisingly Sunday tickets are the easiest to get, but you see every great shot on TV…but hear the roars across the course when a great shot is made.

The in laws still live in town.

If you have never been, take whatever day is offered. The food is cheap, concessions for AGNC/masters swag are costly!