Tiger.... I can't take it anymore!

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by NY Bowhunter, Dec 6, 2011.

1. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Tiger wins the Chevron World Challenge. A non pga tour event with a monster field of 18 golfers and an event that he hosts! Now he's back on top of the world? He happened to finish second in this thing last year. How'd that work out for him for his season? Listen.... this is the last time I will say this (probably not).....He's DONE!!!!!!!!! He won't win another major. Certainly won't break Jacks record. He may or may not win another event somewhere down the road. Not saying he can't hit a golf ball, but he's an ordinary joe on the PGA tour now. He will never dominate again..... EVER! Let it go analysts.

2. davidmil

davidmil Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Isn't it the truth. Absent of course were all the top golfers in the world. Down the stretch he was spraying balls all over the place. He got lucky with the one he could hit out of the hazzard. The TV guys are all excited because he made 2 mid range flat putts. We'll see what he does in January. LOL

3. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  4. Vito

Vito Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, no kidding. I can't believe they are still talking about this guy. What has he ever done???? Its not like he was on top of the golf world, had a drama filled fall, and is now trying to get back to where he was. This is terrible for golf.

Golf's biggest nemesis are the people that seriously like golf.

5. ICALL2MUCH

ICALL2MUCH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not only do I completely disagree, but so do the advertisers.

Confidence is a scary thing.....when someone like TW gets some (not like that), he can be unstoppable.

Unless of course there is a fire hydrant in his yard.

6. sevi316

sevi316 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah no kidding talk about a bunch of no names......

Bradley, Keegan
    Haas, Bill
    Stricker, Steve
    Casey, Paul
    Johnson, Zach
    Van Pelt, Bo
    Choi, K.J.
    Kuchar, Matt
    Watney, Nick
    Day, Jason
    Laird, Martin
    Watson, Bubba
    Fowler, Rickie
    Mahan, Hunter
    Woodland, Gary
    Furyk, Jim
    Simpson, Webb
    Woods, Tiger

Thank you for showing everyone you know nothing about Golf....

7. NEW61375

Dislikes Received:
    "Yeah, right. And Grizzly Adams had a beard."

8. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    "Grizzly Adams did have a beard."

"Now your going to get it Bobby"

I think he will never be the golfer he once was. At the same time he has a lot of play time left to beat Jack's record. Let's not count him out quite yet..... Will he win again? Absolutly! How often is the question....

9. sevi316

sevi316 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Lets face it.... He just needs to start having tons of sex again.... Then all records will be broken

10. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Guy was the most dominant sports figure in any sport, in the history of sports.

As long as he owns a golf club you will hear about him and whether or not he can/will return to glory. Deal

11. Vendetta

Vendetta Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I doubt that we've heard the last of him. Only time will tell.

12. davidmil

davidmil Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If this was meant for me... I'm still saying it was a so so field with the top dogs missing. The 2 or 3 that were there have NOT been playing the greatest as of late except for Kucher. There were ONLY 17 others competing. Throw in a full field and I doubt Tiger wins. His Tee shots were scattered more and more as the day wore on. I still say he's NOT back and if he plays the Mercedes we'll find that out. I don't think he's going to Debai as I don't think they're willing to pay the multimillion dollar appearance fee they've given him in the past.

13. NY Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    no problem:lol:

14. Vito

Vito Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I laughed too. Its not that you don't know anything about golf, its just that you are a habitual over-exaggerater.

But I enjoy it. You're still one of my favorite members on GHC.

15. NY Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It is terrible for golf. There is TONS of young talent on the tour now. The future of the PGA is not Tiger Woods. Its the next generation that competes every single week. I think the attention should be shifting towards them and away from Tiger unless he actually steps up and regains his dominance. Otherwise talk about the guys that are out there making it happen. It would be like the NFL analysts talking about ... lets say Ladanlian Tomlison when he scores a touchdown. He's back! He once dominated and now he's back. He's going to rewrite all the record books for running backs. Athletes have the spotlight at the prime of their career and then fade away. It just happens. Let it happen with Tiger.

16. NY Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I l
    How can it be over exaggeration? Dude hasn't won in two years. Fell from one to 56 in the rankings. Misses cuts in majors and other events. Withdrawls with "injuries" when he doesn't have a chance to compete. Hasn't found this new magical Sean Foley swing yet, but getting "really close" lmao. It's the same crap spewed every week. And it's not like it's been a month or two. TWO YEARS!! Same story.

17. Vito

Vito Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Tiger = ratings. Any hardcore golf fan sitting at home in his LL Bean pants and yelling borderline racist comments at the TV knows who these young talented golfers are. Its the casual fan that drives ratings. Rating = sponsors = money = larger purses. Like mentioned, as long as Tiger can swing a club, he's good for golf.

18. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think there's quite a bit of fight left in that dog. As has been mentioned, confidence is a powerful thing. The other thing he has going for him is that he has PLENTY of experience in huge pressure situations and on many occasions rose to the challenge where less experience players will have a meltdown. Even some very experienced players seem to crumble under the pressure. He thrives on it when he's in shape. If he can stay healthy (BIG "if"), he will likely be a major force again. I dont think he will ever dominate the field for a long period of time as he did in the past, but I think he still has plenty of game to be taken seriously for a long time to come.

19. brucelanthier

brucelanthier Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If they are at home then they are probably not borderline. They shift to borderline mode when in public.

20. NEW61375

Dislikes Received:
    Noone cares about the new up and comers and most wouldn't even be recognized, not saying that's right. People still talk about most of the great golf champions Hogan, Nicklaus, Palmer, etc. and when TW came along he played at a completely different level and won many tounaments and majors. He raised the bar and made golf more mainstream/interesting at the same time. The new guys are good and many are hoping to one day achieve some of the things that golfs greatest players have done and I have no doubt some will be outstanding. But the fact of the matter is it doesn't matter if Tiger can play to that level consistently enough to dominate anymore, he doesn't have to reach the bar so to speak because he is the champion who put it up where it's at to begin with...............(most recently anyway.)