Throw and grow

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by nsdrawbridge10, Dec 2, 2011.

1. nsdrawbridge10

nsdrawbridge10 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey anyone ever use the Throw and Grow stuff? How it come out thinking about picking some but I've heard mixed things.

2. notoriouskattt

notoriouskattt Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Take a look at whats in it. Sure it will grow better than some other things without tilling but its really just a bunch of grasses and some are hard to get rid of once you get them started. You can do better than whats in that bag.

3. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had really good luck with throw and grow. The turnip mix :tu:

4. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My brother bought some of this throw and grow this year. We have 2 food plots, one Is this and the other Is Monster Rax Big and Beasty. So far the Monster Rax has by far been the best when It comes to deer eating It. I'm really shocked the deer haven't touched the turnips much.

5. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The Big and Beasty is made by Frigid Forage. Deer are weird some places they hammer the turnips other places they won't touch them. Now when January gets here and when food is hard to come by I would bet they will be on your turnips. I kick them out of the ground to make them easier to eat for the deer. It took the deer a few years here to eat them but now they know how good they are they are pounding them.

6. saad ibrar

saad ibrar Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Mixing is not a big issue

If you want to use it you can use to see the best results because as i know when i used it provides me the best results.

7. wolvenkinde

wolvenkinde Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    red zone works good up north here in MI...but I prefer to buy in bulk and mixandmatch....and our deer usually don't hit the turnips til after a good sustained freeze