Three finds today

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by cocowheats, Mar 4, 2017.

1. cocowheats

cocowheats Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bone dog and I went out today with renewed ambition. I was praying for a freshie finally cause it had been awhile. We got on the hill top and I text my friend saying it looked good. We have had really bad success on freshies the last two years because of ridiculous winter kills the two years previous.
    Anyhow, since we still have plenty of snow, I focused on the south facing slope that had clear areas. About an hour in I see bone dog with nose to ground and hear his teeth on bone. I said hey u got one. He stopped and looked back and then started trying to pull one out. I walk over and he has an old bone frozen into the ground. IMG_0472.jpg
    I say good job bone dog an we continue on our way. We approach the back side of the hill an trails still look really nice. I'm literally talking out loud saying come on we need a freshie. As I'm east bound on a snowy trail, I hit a cross trail. I stop and I'm thinking should I go up the hill or down. As I am pondering, I look ahead and there is a beautiful site. A freshie. Laying in the only fifty yard section without snow within site. Bone dog was far enough away I was able to snap a picture. IMG_0473.jpg IMG_0474.jpg
    We search for awhile, but snow depths were discouraging. Started on our way and about half and hour later bone dog has wandered off by a lone cedar and I see him sniffing hard. Then all sudden he picks up bone and drops it's. I yell good job bone dog. Then he picks it up and sprints on over. Couple treats and another old bone for us. What a dog. What a day. Can't beat it. IMG_0475.jpg IMG_0476.jpg

2. happyhunter

happyhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    post a pic of bone dog.

3. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good finds.

4. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great finds! Its rewarding when you are working with your dog and it works out. Yes I too would like to see some hero shots with Bone dog

5. cocowheats

cocowheats Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok next thread