Thread of Admissions

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Hooker, Apr 30, 2013.

1. sachiko

sachiko Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    After reading some of these stories I would feel guilt if I didn't tell mine.
    My mother was raped during a party. There were four of them. She's not sure if all four took part.
    She knew them all. They were all from my mother's ethnic group.
    She didn't tell anyone about it.
    When she realized she was pregnant, her parents insisted she have an abortion.
    When she refused, they called her a w**** and threw her out.
    Not knowing what to do, she went to a friend's house.
    The friend's parents, Caucasian Catholics, took her in, became her guardian.
    When the father's job changed, they brought her to Michigan with them.
    She was 15 when I was born.
    Of course we don't know who my father is.
    She had me baptized and named me Stephanie out of respect for the family who took her in.
    But she has always called me sachiko. (She tells people her name is Amanda, but it's really aiko.)
    She tried to get a judge to emancipate her when she turned 17, but he put both of us on welfare.
    He also got her a job working in a friend's restaurant.
    When she turned 18, she got a job waitressing in a bar-much better tips.
    You can serve alcohol at 18 here, you just can't drink it.
    She worked six nights a week from 6PM until about 2AM all the while I was growing up.
    I think you can understand that I worship my mother.
    She got married after I did to a really wonderful man.

2. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    -I tend to take life for granted and am really working on that.
    -I spent 10 years of my life living wrong, I told myself I was doing it to make money to take care of people but in reality I was
    addicted to the lifestyle. I still feel very ashamed and it made me realize that your choices in life stay with you forever even if
    there are no immediate negative effects.
    -I am a Christian but struggle with forgiveness, especially forgiving myself. I am by far my harshest critic.
    -I have 3 kids and none have the same mother. High school sweetheart and I had my oldest when we were 17-18(she ended up
    having another boyfriend but the paternity test showed I was the father), my first wife and I had my second(she left, luckily left
    him with me), my wife and I now had our daughter 6 years ago and are expecting our second this December and I feel so blessed
    now. I'm proud of the fact that I've always tried to be the best father I could be often under less than ideal circumstances. All
    of my kids live with my wife and I and my oldest just enlisted in the USAF last month, very proud of him.
    -I harldy ever shoot my bow but have been having the itch of late.
    -I often find myself watching cartoons then realizing there are no kids in the room.
    -I went to a father/daughter dance last week for Girl Scouts. I CAN"T DANCE, I am so white.
    -I have little to no interest in college or professional sports but really miss actually playing said sports.
    -I love poker and darts...maybe a little too much.
    -Sometimes if I'm talking to myself in the car and I feel like someone is noticing it I pretend to be singing.
    -I can't sing.
    -Love swimming but can't float or tread water.
    -Love hunting deer with dogs, it is quite a rush.
    -Have been struggling with my weight for quite some time and hate that my job now has less field work.
    -I crack out on sweets.
    -I hate political correctness and politics in general.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  3. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm 38 years old.
    My biggest fear is my kids struggling in life.
    I'm a bit of a crier. (Especially if it is related to my kids or a big accomplishment)
    I almost always sit to pee when at home.
    I am a conservative liberal republican independent.... lets just say I think everyone in government is just this side of useless.
    I am the president of a great company and have no idea how.
    I did not graduate college. (Barely went to class when I was there.)
    I played collegiate athletics but never really worked hard in the gym.
    I usually cry after I shoot a deer. (See above)
    I always pray when I get in a tree stand. (Can't think of a better place of worship.)
    My IQ is very high but most people would never know it.
    Over the last 5 years I've lost around 100 pounds, but somehow found it all back every time.
    I want to stock shelves in a hardware store when I grow up.

4. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Growing up I was always told that I was the ugliest person in my family. It heard it so much I believed it. At the age of 5 I accepted it and I knew my place. In a large family, parents love different kids more than others at certain times. That is just life. I knew not to ask for certain things because I was the least of them all. I was called the "Runt" of my family by my Mom. The only time I was held in high regards was when we got our report cards. I was the Smartest Person in my family no matter what age. And that too backfired on me because I made the others look bad sometimes.

I grew up in an era when "dark-skin" black people were not popular among their own race. Being called "black" by my family and friends was a put down and I heard it daily. Also, I was very skinny with a big head. So kids started calling me Egg Head Sam Jones and it stuck for years. I was so self conscious about it that when I met a girl, I thought the first thing she noticed was how big my head was. I was 150lbs when I graduated from high school and I wore a size 6 shoe. But I was the strongest person in the school. I could bench press 350 lbs so A LOT of the bullying and picking finally stopped because no one could handle me if I grabbed them. I would never be picked on again.

I hate to see people cry. To this very day it makes me cry to see someone broken hearted or scared... and I HATE BULLYING with a passion. I have NO problem with someone SERIOUSLY HURTING anyone that Bullies them. I don't care if the are 6-60, take something and Beat Their Brains Out! It scars you for life to be bullied. Trust Me!

I was extremely smart, but I lacked common sense and social skills. In the 8th grade, I was doing everything on a 12th grade level. I was a Math Freak. I loved numbers and I still do to this day. And I was good in all of my other classes. They wanted me to put me in the 12th grade when I was 13, but my Mom said no that I was not ready. Even though I scored 1510 out of a possible 1600 on a PSAT test I took in the 8th grade, I had to go through school and deal with this crap for 4 more years.

When I tried dating in high school, girls would tell me I was "too black" and they didn't want to be picked at by their friends. So I spent A LOT of my years alone. I had 11 brothers and sisters, but I was lonely all the time. I didn't have a girlfriend until 12th grade and she was from another school. I was a virgin until I was 18.

I was constantly picked at because I was darker than all my brothers and sisters and I was Bullied ALL THE TIME when my brothers were not around. It started in Elementary school and continued until I was Junior in High School. One time, when I was 7, an older kid, was beating me up daily and I told my older brother who was feared by everyone. I was in Elementary school and my brother was in Jr. High. My brother told me the next time that guy beat me up, to find a crack in the ground and scream for him and he will come and help me. I did it until I was hoarse and he never came. I cried all day and asked why didn't he come and he said I was not screaming loud enough. ( I told you I didn't have much common sense). The first person I ever told this to was my wife about 3 months ago.

I grew up very insecure because of a lot of the things I dealt with so I would come off as overly confident and boastful to hide my insecurities. I never felt good enough or accepted so I would try to buy friendships or relationships. I had the misfortune of meeting quite a few women that took advantage of this. I would neglect my own needs and my own bills to pay theirs. Even to the point of being evicted. I had learned to do without for a lot of my life and I would rather suffer than have someone else suffer. Luckily I believe in paying cash for everything and I never use credit. I think being raised this was saved me from a lot of headache and financial problems.

My Mom left my Dad when I was 12 years old for another man. It crushed me. We saw my Mom in her infidelity, but we never saw my Dad do wrong. Even as a child I knew this wasn't right. Our family was split apart. The girls that were still at home didn't have choice, they had to go with her. I was the next to the youngest and I refused to go. I stood my ground and my Dad had my back. We formed a bond that day that has never been broken. It was just me, my Dad and my older brother. I would not go to sleep until my older brother came home at night and I cried like a baby when he went away to college. I hated my Mom for years for leaving my Dad, but I went to her one day about 20 years ago, and I told her how I really felt and I apologized. She did too and we moved past it.

This thread had helped me in so many ways. THANKS SO MUCH FOR STARTING IT!

More to come I a sure of it.

5. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well this thread has definitely evolved. I feel quite silly now with some of my "admissions".

6. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    -When people ask about my wife and the baby I say I don't care if it's a boy or a girl as long as mama and baby are healthy
    (which is true) but I have my fingers crossed for another boy ; ).

7. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have an Aunt name Sachiko. She married my Uncle in the late 50s when he was in the Air Force in Japan. She lives in Nebraska.

8. REMYNGTON

REMYNGTON Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Indeed it has but its great to throw those ones in there for levity and light hearted humor. :D I think this is a perfect thread Hooker great one to have started dude and thanks for doing so.

9. The Old Man

The Old Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, I got nothin. Reading some of these posts I get to feeling I should feel guilty but I don't. My folks and family loved each other. My folks raised me well and taught me how to raise my own kids well. My wifes folks did the same. The crap I have endured is nothing compared to some of what I have read here. I have been blessed and know it. I admire those of you who have gone through so much and have come through everything remaining good people.

God bless us all!!

10. sachiko

sachiko Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Cool! If you don't know, sachiko means "happy child." Ko means child and is a common part of a girl's name among Japanese and Japanese descent. You can be seventy years old and still be a "child." Drives the feminists there crazy.

11. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This is what I've been trying to put into words. I posted my list without reading the whole thread and now regret even posting my drivel.

12. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was Steelhead fishing the day my grandfather died.
    I spent the better part of the previous three days and nights with him at Albany medical center. The night before he died I sent my grandmother home so she could get some rest, she was coming back early the next morning. It was a Tuesday night, my friend and I at the time fished every Wednesday.
    I left the hospital at about 3 am in the morning to drive to the river, I had planned on coming back that afternoon an going right back to the hospital My grandmother was coming early that morning and she would stay the rest of the day, he as only going to be alone for a couple hours. He died alone a few hours after I left, shortly before she arrived.
    I my mind he wasn't going to die, he was going to pull through like all the times before. I shouldn't have left, I shouldn't have gone. I left the most important person in my life alone to die.

I still fish every weds from Sept to April, I have never wet a fly line since that day with out a regret.

13. Shockwave

Shockwave Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Seems like this thread is very therapeutic for some and thats awesome.

14. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't read all the posts, but some where pretty deep and moving
    I cannot tolerate spicy foods, they burn my mouth. Nothing over "mild" for me
    I cry easily during sad movies and sometimes even sad songs on the radio
    I like dumb catchy pop songs that most guys my age would turn off
    I have no confidence in finding jobs. Any time I've lost one, it's been a big struggle to find a new one.
    I don't really care for my profession but have no clue what other things I could do.

15. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    - When i see videos of soldiers coming home surprising their children...i cry
    - Im afraid of spiders
    - I broke bro code once and slept with a girl i shouldnt have, and i also tag teamed a chick with a buddy once :dan: i know...oh and i slept with a married woman once too. Terrible sin...still feel bad about that one.
    - I actually think Hooker is one of, if not the coolest, member of this board (gay beer and all)
    - I havnt killed a buck in 7 years
    - I dont get affected by people dying as much as i should
    - I too am guilty of the 1st grade pants crapping
    - I like musicals
    - Ive read all the Harry Potter books
    - I hate Vin Diesal, The Rock and any movie they are in

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

16. janesburg

janesburg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've had TWO vasectomy procedures.

EDIT: after posting this I went back and read a few earlier posts and realize getting my junk whacked on a couple times was nothing.

17. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    It needs to be kept on an even keel...

18. IL_Bow_Man

IL_Bow_Man Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    - I am deathly affraid of speaking in front of large groups. But gave no hesitation to speak at 3 of 4 of my grandparents funerals and my best friends. And yes I sobbed like a baby while doing it. Now any time a family member dies I always get asked...are you speaking...

- While my grandmother was sick with cancer, I lived with her and took care of the majority of her needs. Food pumps, IV's, changing nasty infectious wounds bandages filled with MRSA infection, drain bags, gave her baths and showers. Together we beat death many of nights and she healed up and lived a healthy and very rewarding summer with both her children, all the grand kids and great grand kids. For the first time in my life I felt like I did a good thing with no thoughts of myself.

- To this day I have not forgiven my sister who was not there for her while the worst was happening and she had no job. I worked full time. After she passed away she had the nerve to ask me why I was not there for her in the last moments because I was at work with no warning that she had a few hours to live. I am not sure I will ever be able to forgive her for that as I gave up 4 months of my life, my kids and ultimately lost my job of 15 years to make sure my grandmother had a chance to live and enjoy some extra time with everybody.

19. REMYNGTON

REMYNGTON Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    - I eat to much aswell but am an a absolute glutten for Chinese food. Not sure why but I always WAY WAY overeat when it comes to Chinese food.
    - I am also a fan of the Harry Potter series. Haven't read the books yet but have seen all the movies numerous times. My younger sister is always hounding me to read the books.
    - I was grounded on my 10th birthday for stealing a pack of cigarettes and lighter from a store on the base in Adak Alaska.

I'm sure there will be more from me.

20. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    There is no comparison...the books are a million times better.