Thirty Rack - Team 30 Thread

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by LSU327, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Mr.O

Mr.O Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow! That is pretty unbelievable. Glad you were able to keep an eye on and eventually tag this nice buck.

2. boof

boof Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey, fellas. Sorry about being absent for the last month. I got in a slump around the end of November and was never able to get it done. My season closed a couple days ago, so the offseason has begun.

If any of you are ever interested in hunting in South Dakota, I could point you in the right direction. I really believe we have some of the most underrated public ground in the Midwest. Nice meeting you guys! Congrats to those who tagged out and good luck to everyone else next year.

3. Mr.O

Mr.O Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, Boof, and good luck to you as well for next year. My season didn't go quite as well as hoped either. Got a nice doe here in PA, then spent a week in Missouri with my brother. He shot a nice 9 point, and I was able to find it for him. Great experience and memories even though I came home with my tag.

Our season ends Saturday here in PA...may still be able to get 1-2 more hunts in toward the weekend.

As Boof said...nice 'meeting' you all, and wishing you many more successful hunts to come!

4. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking back in. I put in a pretty decent effort post rut. I have had some good success in the past few weeks, seeing tons of does, it just never came together for me. I was actually surrounded by to many deer on multiple occasions to allow for me to draw. Reflecting on this year, I put in the least effort I ever have pre season due to other hobbies taking precedence. However I saw more deer this year than in any previous seasons. I don't have my logs in front of me, but I think I skunked roughly 2-3 sits the entire season. Even though I never let an arrow rip, it was a great season for me. It was a pleasure meeting you all and sharing our seasons. Best of luck to everyone this off season.