Thinking about a Novix stand

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Jeremy/PA, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Jeremy/PA

Jeremy/PA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Currently I have a LW Wide Sit and Climb and I really like it. I am thinking about adding a hang on for a little more versatility in the woods. I am thinking about getting an Alpha II as I really like my current LW.

Knowing that Novix and LW are under the same umbrella, I am also thinking about a Novix.

Seems like maybe that is the way to go as they are talking about new accessories etc. Do we think these will be cross-compatible? However, when you look at the price, yes they are cheaper, but if do a Novix stand and sticks AND get the LW stick quiver (not sure if really needed?) - you are at the same price as the LW Alpha Hunt Ready package.

Anyone have a Novix? Thoughts? Pics? Thanks!

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Have a set of mini sticks, they seem like there are okay quality. Pretty much par for the corse, dont see where you can really go wrong

3. parkersdad

parkersdad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is just speculation however I have a Novix platform on my hand climber. Where the wolf used to be is now a square piece that goes from thin to wide. I’m thinking they have something in the works that will slide in there as far as bow holders or something like that. If it were me I would get the Novix. The quality is the exact same as my Lone Wolf alpha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jeremy/PA likes this.
  4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Novix is basically a LW stand with a different name on it so go for it. I would imagine if there are accessories in the future they will be of the Novix flavor so you'll be okay.

And save your money on the stick quiver. Not worth it.

JPG and Jeremy/PA like this.
  5. Skunkworkx

Skunkworkx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Been looking at them, but I sometimes have an issue keeping my eyes open before daybreak and really like arm rests ;)

How comfortable are they for long sits is my question.

6. Jeremy/PA

Jeremy/PA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ha! I know exactly what you are talking about with the arm rests.

Knowing that I can sit all day in my LW climber makes me think I should be fine with essentially the same stand as a hang on. But who knows..