Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The Time Is Coming - ARE YOU READY?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Justin, Oct 24, 2023.

1. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Well, boys and girls, as we head into the last few days of October, it appears that things are lining up to produce what should be a pretty incredible stretch of deer hunting. We have warm temps, winds, and rain for most of this week that will be pushing through, followed by a massive drop in temps, rising pressure, clearing skies, and North winds as the calendar rolls over to the magical month of November. All things considered, it doesn't get a whole lot better than what we're about to experience next week.

The question is - ARE YOU READY?

Don't forget to double-check your equipment, shoot your bow, check your broadheads, and mentally prepare yourself for the upcoming grind because this is what we wait all year for.

Let's get it! :bhod:

2. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Let's Git-r-done!!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

3. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I should roll in Sunday afternoon, be in a stand in Missouri this Sunday evening, so yeah, I'm ready! That front is gonna be wild. Looks like rain might be in the mix, but downpours aside, I'll be hunting hard.

Best of luck everyone!

4. NebMo Hunter

NebMo Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    was just looking at forecast for my hunt this Thursday/Friday.
    been shooting a lot recently, playing with my arrows/fletchings etc. more than ever this year and seem to be dialed.
    I have PTO for end of this week and end of next week, really needing my 2 deer in that time frame because work travel is about to start up again.

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  5. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Vac. #1 starts Fri. (9 days) .. I'll lose the first few days due to the darn rain/storms thats coming this week/weekend .... its what coming after all that crap blows thru that matters ... I'm living on the weather sites right now, I want some SE winds of all things, but N/NW will do ... lol ... only been out 3 times so far, but Ive had deer/bucks by me every time, hopefully this sharp weather change will get the deer up and moving .... the state lands will be getting busy

ash d and Justin like this.
  6. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Im ready. Had my 4th sit last night. Was a very relaxing evening for how warm it was. Ive seen deer 3/4 sits. 2nd sit was on public and had a nice buck come by i passed. Shoot your bow is right! I switched back to fixed blades from the mechanicals i sighted in with and i did have to make some vertical adjustments. I carry a target with me now. It doesn’t hurt to wing a couple arrows by the truck right before you go out to build some confidence. Time to focus. This will be over very fast. We are going to blink, it will suddenly be January 31st, and we will be licking our wounds and hopefully figuring out how to tell the wife we have another taxidermy bill :bow:

7. camo75

camo75 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I’m semi-retired and can hunt whenever I want right now so I am definitely ready. This will be a good pre-rut. Hope you guys knock down some giants on film this year!

oldnotdead, Justin and pastorjim08 like this.
  8. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going to struggle to get out this week due to work and the weather, but I'm going to do my best! This weekend I promised my son I would try and take him out to our lease at some point, so I need to juggle that around both the rain and his football schedule. But it looks like clear sailing for me once we get past that. Outside of needing to be home for Halloween and trick-or-treating with the kids on Tuesday, I'm pretty open, and it's all systems go.

I am hoping to get down to our new lease in central IL for 3-5 days starting the middle of next week. My new heated hand muff showed up just in time for the cold weather to finally set in.

9. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Oohh ya! I’m more prepared with gear and mentally than I have been in the past. This weather should be dynamite. I have been scouting new public in Ohio and have multiple locations that should produce. I have 11/1- 11/7 & 11/10-11/14 to hunt going to be in Ohio for those durations. I’m hoping to get on one in Pa until those trips. Good luck out there everyone!

alenhard15, Shocker99 and camo75 like this.
  10. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    first year in a while I'll be able to hunt Halloween and the days around it in a vacation ....come Nov. 10(vac#2/9days) kicks in, I'm looking forward to Veterans Day/Nov. 11 always a good time to be out, weather permitting .. cooler/cold weather is fine, but no snow until all my vac's are thru and let the wind be correct on the days I want to hunt a particular location (never happens .. lol )

Last edited: Oct 24, 2023
    alenhard15 and Justin like this.
  11. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  12. JeffC

JeffC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Boys & Girls RUT has official started!! Screenshot 2023-10-24 191800.png Screenshot 2023-10-24 191701.png

SmokeEater2 and Justin like this.
  13. JeffC

JeffC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ok, so its a bambie, and a doe at that..at least it not her Mom...:tongue::tongue:

Shocker99 likes this.
  14. nickster

nickster Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

15. nickster

nickster Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    annual illinois trip planned. will get ther on the 4th of nov . cant wait !!!

Justin likes this.
  16. INbowhunter

INbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Lows in the 30s all next week, LET'S GOOOOOO

camo75 likes this.
  17. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    From a deer hunting standpoint, it looks incredible!

Bad news is the steady NWwinds.
    The absolute worst for me.

18. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This warm spell is breaking my heart. This week, halloween week, is my favorite time of the year for one reason. I LOVE rattling bucks in during this week. I'm going to pull a few evening sits this week to see if I can't conjure up a buck to the horns. Heat or no heat, they are ready to go right now. lol

Justin and camo75 like this.
  19. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    since I hunt state lands, the In. waterfowl opener is THIS Sat. ... a few of my better locations are within or close to the marshes so no morning hunts there. The duck/goose guys must stop at noon and clear out, so my PM hunts are usually quiet, except for the sandhills coming in .... it will be WWIII this Sat. out on the Marshes and thru the weekend .. Sat. is looking to be N/NE and it looks like N/NW winds till about Wed... Monday looks to be the first day of the cold for me

Last edited: Oct 25, 2023
  20. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    im ready, its warm for the next 2 days then its suppose to drop and snow on Halloween or Sweet November 1st.

Cant Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bucks are showing up on my trail cams more and more. even was able to catch a couple bucks fighting.

a friend was able to video a 4 pt breeding a doe 2 days ago.

camo75 and Shocker99 like this.