The real team 26 thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by dmen, Aug 29, 2011.

1. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I hav been hunting hard here in maine and have not even seen a deer since I have been home from Kansas.

2. Indiana Hunter

Indiana Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Got my buck posted up in the score card thread.

Totaled 88 1/8. Not a giant by any means, but I worked my ass off to get him. So I am happy for sure, next year I can one up him now.

On a really good note, my little brother came home for one day to hunt on Thanksgiving morning and he kills our big buck named Chip behind my parents house. I'm putting together a little story together about it. It was awesome to say the least!!!

3. BigStick

BigStick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Can't wait to hear the story man.

4. LiveToHunt

LiveToHunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well bow hunting is over for the most part for me my lease ended yesterday. So the big bucks on my trail cams will hopefully make it till next fall. Have not heard of anyone killing any of them. But I dear hear about a 200"+ getting killed within five miles of my land. Did see a pic of it and it is a giant. Can't wait for more info on it. Well I'm going to do some pheasant hunting and chase some turkey's in December and wait for ice fishing. Good luck to you guys the rest of your seasons. Will keep checking in to see how your doing. Will post if I do get out anymore. At just under 130 hours in my stands this year, just not in the right place at the right time.

Dan

5. Indiana Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Keep checking in and let us know how the rest of your hunting is going. Thats tough too! Some serious hours in the stand, but thats what it takes most of the time. You can't say you didn't put in a good effort though :)

6. BigStick

BigStick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I banged up my trigger finger kinda bad last weekend and re-banged it up on Wednesday night. Decided to take it easy this Thanksgiving weekend. I'm okay with it, we hit some pretty high temps through most of it. I'm hoping we get a good cold snap this week so I can go out and tag something this weekend.

7. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, sorry I've been quiet lately. We had a pretty big issue at work and I've been traveling almost non stop since my vacation the first week of november. Thankfully bow season here in IN lasts until Jan. 5th so I have plenty more time to get out there.
    I did make it to the stand last saturday for a couple hours. I was at my new spot which is kind of a drive (hour and a half), but it's a dream spot to hunt. It was pretty quiet but at 11 a pretty decent 8 came into view. Unfortunately he was on the other hillside and no matter how much I called or rattled he would not come any closer than 100 yards. There was a small reveine there that he simply didn't want to cross.
    I should be able to get back at it Sunday, maybe even for a few hours saturday morning if I'm lucky.

8. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    How are things going out there for everyone. My season is winding down, only a week left of expanded archery then I am done. I have not seen a deer from the stand since I got back from Kansas. The midwest hunting has ruined hunting at home for me. Thankfully I love just being perched in a tree and enjoying the outdoors.

9. LiveToHunt

Dislikes Received:
    May do some bow hunting around Christmas or in January. Other wise I'm done for the year. I'm getting in to ice fishing mode now and turkey hunting in the snow.

Dan

10. chart33

chart33 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My season has been frustrating to say the least. Not going to ks as planned really put a damper on things. I focused a lot on trying to get one of the bigger bucks on the property that I live on but only saw a bunch of does, yearlings, and young bucks. I have until 12/31 in Massachusetts and 12/15 in nh. I have a good stand in nh that I
    Going to hunt this weekend. Got busted the last time I hunted it. Hopefully I'll get a shot at a doe. I probably only have 3 more sits this year.

The good news is I'm close to buying a cabin on 32 acres in northern nh, about 20 minutes to Canada. I walked the property yesterday and there is sign everywhere. It has Natural game trails from all the logging roads, a pond, and It helps that there are about 30 apple trees throughout the property. Unfortunately the property is bank owned so I'm waiting on them to see if they will accept my offer. Im hoping to make this place my outdoor getaway for years to come as it has access to snowmobile and atv trails, great big woods hunting, and great fishing spots are a short drive away. I'll post some pictures if I get it. Don't want to get my hopes up quite yet.

11. Indiana Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thats awesome Chart, keep us updated on that. That has to be exciting for sure!

I hit the war path again this weekend. I have room for one more doe in my freezer. I have three deer down so far this year, and like I said, I'm hoping to add one more in the late season. I would really like to get some snow around here, that would be nice. There is just something cool about hunting in the late season and the colder temps.

Good luck everyone, there is still time to put some deer down. Find the food and you will find the deer. Good luck!!!

12. chart33

chart33 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's official, the bank accepted the offer! I'm already pumped to hang stands next summer! I'll post pictures on a different thread.

13. Indiana Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thats awesome, congrats :tu:

14. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    Man that is just awesome. You have to post up some pics though.
    Congrats again.

Looks like I'll be back on the road starting next week. I get a week and a half off at Christmas, so besides a few random weekend hunts, that may be all I have left.

15. lamboicon

lamboicon Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    sorry guys i have not killed anything this year but im going this weekend and im going to put one down come hell or high water.

16. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That is awesome, when you get the deer figured out i will come over from maine to give you a hand shooting them.

17. chart33

chart33 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Posted on the main forum. Dmen, we could work something out! I can't wait to get back up there but I'll be in the stand tomorrow and Sunday!

18. BigStick

BigStick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've got two weekends left to sit. Christmas weekend, I'll be back by my folks in Illinois. At best, I've got about four sits left.

Tomorrow, I'm going back to the private property that I pulled my button out of to see if I can't get lucky with a buck. Sunday, I'll probably be sitting on public land with a friend. There are a couple places that I haven't been to since before rifle season started here in Minnesota. I'm hoping that things have quieted down some now and that the cold weather will push them to feed more.

I've got a couple spots where we've seen deer, but there's never been a shot opportunity. Hopefully, the snow on the ground helps us nail them down a little more.

19. LiveToHunt

Dislikes Received:
    Chart33 congrats on the land deal.

Well got out turkey hunting last night. Didn't put one down saw an bunch just out of range. Did see six deer, of which two where bucks a basket six or an eight and a broke up 8 that is now a six and he outside the ears. So I called up buddy that owns the land and asked if I could do some late season bow hunting and he said sure. So going to hang a stand on Friday mourning, after I kill a couple turkeys. Then start sitting next week. Back in the game, after a couple weeks off.

Dan

20. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    Turkey in Indiana isn't unti the spring, which is nice. There's a short season in the fall during early archery also.

Sorry I've been off the boards for a while. Work and holidays have been crazy busy. As a matter of fact, I'm planning my Vegas/Texas trip as we speak, great timing the week before Christmas.

However, we're taking a family trip to bass pro this weekend. I'll be getting a complete muddy setup. Also, I have some more hunting that can be done. I have the week between Christmas and New years off and i'll be able to hunt that entire week. Hopefully there's some snow on the ground so I can locate some highly used trails on the new property.