The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Planned... But yes, just like Afghanistan
    In Venatione Veritas

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That is weapons grade ignorance (I refuse to believe that they are all special agents) or intentional.

virginiashadow likes this.
  3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Brett have you been part of search warrants ever? Seems strange to leave the scene unsecured while seeking another warrant.

4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Very strange indeed.

oldnotdead and Sota like this.
  5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Most all of us do, yet we have that silent crowd that up until a year ago had everything to say for 5 1/2 years. Now they want to stick with science that rests on their side again.

Kinda makes you realize the morals of their beliefs and what they can turn a blind eye to. Their guy gets in and Orange Man Bad is out, they have nothing to say about their Utopia gone bad, but mark my word they'll return midway through 2023 as the next battle for the Nation begins.

Epstein is probably one of the most protected persons in history, second only to the Unknown Soldier...

6. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Xmas shopping !! The kids are grown now. Heck even the granddaughter graduates high school this spring. The wife still thinks we should find presents for all of them so they have something to open. We have no idea what they want or need. It will be a mind numbing, boring and frustrating couple days of shopping. I hate shopping.

I want to do all gift cards. It will take longer to drive to town and back then picking out gift cards. Done and home in two hours. They can use them for whatever they want or need. Seems so simple.

picman, Sota, cantexian and 1 other person like this.
  7. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Fwiw My wife does a good job listening to their needs over the year, but also asking them what they want. Their gifts are usually some mix...

oldnotdead and TJF like this.
  8. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Women are a different species when it comes to things like Christmas shopping or gifting in general. While I think that money is something that most young people want or need, therefore the gift card seems brilliant to me. However, a woman will tell you that it lacks sentiment and feeling.

You are left with only one choice if you want to get out of shopping........... you must find or cause a much needed or wanted home repair and offer to sacrifice your shopping trip in order to handle the repair immediately! Try not to pick something that will be worse than the shopping trip itself.

Btw, this has never worked for me but I thought it was worth the try. lol

9. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

I know telling her I am too busy to go shopping because I will be too busy bowhunting also never works. I do have a house repair to do though on my Xmas break. Sadly, it isn't just my own house. It is my son's house too. Was supposed to consist of flooring two rooms. His girlfriend decided now they want 3 rooms done. The oldest daughter needs us to to watch their dog for 5 days. Her little dog will be eaten by my son's 3 big dogs so can't take her dog along. That means Barb has to stay home with it. She is not happy. Then I got a notice that I am summoned for jury duty at the end of my Xmas break. I am not sure how I am to get everything done. Finally get some time off from work and everyone decided to dump their stuff on me. Oh and the wife informed me I also have to finish flooring the office and back entry way.

They say when you get older things will slow down. They are full of crap. This year has been one of the busiest ever. There is never a dull moment around here. :)

Sota likes this.
  10. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They wife just asked the Granddaughter tonight what she wanted for Xmas. She replied back... gift cards. That is why she is my favorite granddaughter. She is my only grandchild but if I had more she would still be my favorite one. Chalk up a win for me. Now I have to google the stores she suggested the gift cards for. Never heard of any of them. :confused:

picman, GregH and wl704 like this.
  11. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Your body starts slowing down but life keeps speeding up.

This year has been one of my busiest as well. I have to admit that most of it was brought on by myself. I was just too stubborn to let one or two things go until next year and ended up working through Nov. 1st before I could get out to hunt. Hope I don't do that again.

oldnotdead likes this.
  12. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have NEVER gone shopping with hubby for Christmas. When young we would occasionally hit mall. That stopped when I saw us targeted and warned him. He thought me nuts. . Well we walked out the doors and the guy rushed us a few moments later. I turned before he got to us and yelled one of us is going to the f ing hospital. His eyes got big as saucers and he sprinted across the parking lot. By then hubby was yanking me into the nearest store saying you trying to get us killed!! That's was the last mall trip. He sometimes tells me he got gifts for people and I wrap them up and check cost off my list. Personally I love gift cards as gifts,hubby hates that. So I start in June and beg for ideas through to mid Dec.
    Nieces in Texas get gift cards.

GregH likes this.
  13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am out at noon today not going to stick around and see how the commute goes with snow coming in. Best part is the storm is going to miss us at home.

14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Got home today looked out at the lake and there were 4 holes marked with a tree branch, some idiot was out on the lake that froze shut on Wednesday, I wonder if he caught anything?

15. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ok I know I have posted this before but it needs to be reiterated. When flying( upon landing) do not get up and wait in the isle. You will not get off any faster A-hole you are just forcing your junk in people's face. Sit the eff down and wait your turn to get off.

In Venatione Veritas

16. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lot of snow yesterday ...... 4 1/2 hours of plowing. That sucked.

17. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    When LC locks a thread just as it's getting good

In Venatione Veritas

LittleChief likes this.
  18. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    In my defense it's my job to keep it from getting that kind of "good". :lol:

virginiashadow, cantexian and Fix like this.
  19. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Mechanicals Vs Fixed heads ... ready set ....... GO !! ......... :woot::argue:

20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have only one comment, I do not care what another person chooses to put on the end of their arrow.

dprsdhunter likes this.