The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If people looked hard and knew what to look for, they'd be fricken AMAZED at the bucks they'd see laying in wide open plowed fields.

2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A comp day
    In Venatione Veritas

cantexian likes this.
  3. Nick Lewandowski

Nick Lewandowski Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Unfortunately more often than not you'll find an employee disgruntled about what they get as a Christmas bonus or dinner.
    When I worked in a concrete factory the owner would come down and take everyone to the nicest restaurant in town and cover everything, but everyone was still expected to show up for work the next day. Hardly anyone wanted to attend the Christmas dinner.

My current company gives a bonus based on how long you've been with the company. I believe I'll get 200 in cash this year, and they are taking our whole division to top golf for 2 hours. Unfortunately a lot of the guys I work with won't go due to the fact they planned it off company time.

I know that's probably not practical in your company case. You could forgo the gift card and just give them cash. Even the credit card gift cards are a pain as they aren't accepted everywhere.

Always a jelly of the month club membership you could give them. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Sota likes this.
  4. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I do all of that, as my side business, but I feel noone would appreciate it for the time I'd put in.

5. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    We're already so short staffed, it'd never happen. Heck, I have over 100 hours PTO that I cannot use this year. :eek:

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I wish my wife never took the job, I didn't really know much about the people in town. I just thought it was a small town simple life. There is real poverty and it is beyond sad. I used to think why the hell does the Gov't need to invest in high speed internet in rural areas. There are many parents with kids in school that do not have internet, do you know how vital the internet is with the school communicating with parents of students. On the other hand there are parents who can not bother to complete the paperwork for free and reduced lunch. There are teachers that will write a check for 100-200$ so kids can eat lunch.

Needless to say it is not easy for an outsider to be accepted there is reverse snobbery.

oldnotdead likes this.
  7. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Two deer with CWD were just discovered in Idaho. This is the first detection of it in the State. The two deer were found very deep in the State and not near a border.
    IFG in their infinite wisdom have decided of course that they should make some money off the "crises", so they just announced that 1500 tags will "go on sale" soon for a CWD study. First come first serve, all deer taken have to be brought in for testing.
    We just had a huge deer die off this summer, something similar to Blue Tongue.
    Heaven forbid they tranq some deer to do their study.

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What amazed me was the ability to sprint thru a plowed field. I would be ass over tea kettle within 3 steps.

9. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Books are much more important than the damn internet. My Dad is a prime example. Born into nothing, he read like crazy. His brothers and sisters told me he used to read the Encyclopedia Britannicas back to front. It was nothing for him to read a 300 to 500 page book over a weekend while I was a youngster. Simply doing that took my Dad from poverty to being the first person in his family to graduate college. Knowledge can be gained with simple desire. It's not magical unless you are brilliant. I've known some of those over the years and most would thrive in any environment.

Kids need to read. My son got behind with reading when he was in 2nd and 3rd grade. I had failed him. Over about 2 months we read so much together it was crazy. He jumped 2 grade levels and has taken off ever since. Lazy educational parents should be ashamed of themselves. Same with parents who let their kids become terribly unhealthy.

oldnotdead, dnoodles, gltomp and 3 others like this.
  10. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    This wind :eek2:

Power on.
    Power off.
    Repeat.

11. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    C’mon man, it’s December. This is what temps were like wear I grew up in the summer.
    upload_2021-12-2_13-45-44.png

12. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    AGFC just discovered it in a deer along the LA state line, 200 miles from the CWD management area in NW AR. The while state will become a management zone in a year or two if this keeps happening. I wonder how long we go to mandatory testing for deer statewide.

13. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Any deer farms in the immediate area?

14. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    In today’s sign of the impending zombie apocalypse; my wife teaches 1 day per week in a home school coalition, 3rd -6th grade history. Tonight, she has spent an hour on the phone with the principal because of a parent complaint against her. The complaint is that she gave a 4th grade student a piece of candy as a reward for good behavior in class. According to the mother of the child, this triggered the child’s mother-diagnosed gluten and dairy sensitivities resulting in an episode of abnormal behavior. The abnormal behavior? The child put the family cat in the fridge after school. I kid you not, this actually happened and the mother of the child blames my wife. Nevermind the fact that the principal went over the student’s file and there is no mention of allergies of any kind on the health questionnaire.

So in summary, a mother without any medical training diagnoses her own child with allergies, does not inform the school of said allergies then blames my wife for psychopathic behavior triggered by my wife’s incentive program. The kid isn’t the only one in that family with issues. These people are real and raising the future. :bash:

15. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Has the child been rewarded before in this manner with no family pet in the refrigerator?

This world is coming to an abrupt end in the next 50 years. Once these triggered pukes get into office they'll likely enter the nuclear codes for a strike on their own homeland...

cantexian, virginiashadow and Sota like this.
  16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Got to work this morning the wifi is down, luckily I have a wifi hot spot. Guess we will have to wait till the IT ass clown decides to show this morning to un F that issue. Yeah I will be on him as soon as he walks in, can't wait to welcome him. It's like waiting on the cable guy he will show up sometime between 8:30 and 1:00

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    ash d, dnoodles and cantexian like this.
  17. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    He should already know. Js
    In Venatione Veritas

18. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Modern technology is depleting the survival of the fittest. Mankind is screwed.

dnoodles, Mod-it and cantexian like this.
  19. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, the reward system has been in place since school started the 2nd week of September.

20. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    You aren't kidding. My wife and I used to joke that after her parents passed, we would sell the house, buy a truck and camper trailer and go live in the mountains in some rustic part of a western state until our kids are grown. We still have the conversation occasionally, but now it is not so much of joke as it is becoming a plan.

dnoodles and virginiashadow like this.