The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I do not like parades and I hate clowns, I do have a very fond clown parade memory. I was sitting at the Monticello River Days parade one hot July afternoon. A group of clowns was coming thru the parade and one clown had his little dog dressed like a little clown dog. A german shepard came out of the crowd and attacked the little clown dog. The clown owner had the big smile make up on and was kicking the german shepard with his big clown shoes trying to stop the german shepard. It was one of the funniest things I have seen happen.

cantexian likes this.
  2. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

I feel bad that I laughed about that mental image. On one hand, I hate to see a dog get attacked unprovoked; even if it was by another dog. On the other hand, was it really unprovoked?

Anyone who would dress their dog up like that is probably a puppy pumper. The german shepherd should have gotten nasty on the clown owner.

Side bar...our groomer sometimes puts pink bows in our standard goldendoodle's hair (dog's about 60# and she's not even 5 mos yet) and my 4yo giant schnauzer HATES it when his "sister" shows up looking like that. He'll literally pin her down and pull the bows out with his teeth if I don't stop him. Which I don't, because it's funny.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  3. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    $227bn of economic impact and 4.5m jobs globally.

Example

upload_2018-3-14_11-56-11.png net profit for 03-13-2018 for our company from facebook(estimated net profit).

I love the old ladies clicking on stuff;)

dnoodles likes this.
  4. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:

Fair enough.... we'd still be better off as a society without it.
    And Twitter. God I hate twitter. And yes, I get the irony of using a social media posting board to pee and moan about other social media platforms. Guess I'm one of those hypocritical hypercritics.

chieffan likes this.
  5. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I own stock in Twitter I need to sell, stop hating on it until it goes up a bit more,lol

6. chieffan

chieffan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have absolutely no use for any of those social media sights. Darn smart phones are right along with them. Between the two we have a bunch of educated idiots running around posing as human beings. We don't NEED any of them. A simple cell phone for communication purpose is enough.

7. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    As you post on a social media site, lol

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Respect your elders Germ.:rant:

9. chieffan

chieffan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Since when did this forum become a "social media" site?

10. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Hah! Then you oughta love President Trump.

11. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Forums are inherently social and bring people together , forums predate "social media", so one could argue they are not or they are. What it boils down to is this IMO
    " Forums are not "social media" because they(people) don't like the negative connotations of social media"

So one can feel better about themselves, just my thoughts.

Respect to dnoodles for just being honest.

12. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It's why I bought it at the beginning of 2017, haha. I thought the user base would sky rocket!!!

13. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

upload_2018-3-14_14-36-18.png

I can't complain Trump has done well for me!!!!

14. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Oink oink, you capitalist pig!

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good thing you did not buy under armour stock.

16. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I got a doozy.
    Running feeders the other day came across a tiger striped puppy, too small to have gotten out in the middle of nowhere alone. I recognized the breed, fur pattern from neighbors dogs running in front of the cams. I called the neighbor asking if they had a litter of pups that I'd found one that looks like their adults. Guy says yes but I don't know how it got out there, the other neighbor called and said he had one too. He said bring it back over I'm here now. So I got in the truck and took it a mile around the block where I put the pup back with it's litter mates. We stood and had a nice long friendly visit, nothing ever said out of the way or anything. He did ask if I'd keep the pup, he said he'd end up shooting them anyway. I said no sorry I have three already and just no room for a fourth. I left in hopes it was an empty threat just trying to get me to keep it.

FF to this evening, I was going around the fields pulling soil samples, seen two vultures out in one of the fields. I drove out to see what they were on and it was the exact same pup I took back to the neighbor, looked like it had been shot. Four pups and only one with tiger striped pattern...

Now wtf did the guy think it was funny to shoot the pup out in my field? WTF is wrong with people? I texted the guy and asked him if he shot that pup there out of spite because I brought it back to them...no answer, tried to call and one ring and voice mail, text back and told him I didn't realize he had such a sick sense of humor.

I swear...I'm no animal rights twat but people doing stuff like that...shooting the pups but mainly putting it in my field just out of spite...really?! That's pretty damn gross. I never had any idea he was such an ass. He was two grades ahead of me in school and we've been friendly for years, he runs cattle around the area...never had any issues and we've always been friendly and visit, live and work within a couple miles of each other and our sisters are friends. I didn't think I deserved the sick humor he apparently seen in it.

17. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    That's a tough one. I reserve the right to shoot a dog running deer or harassing kids/livestock; but shooting a dog just to do it is pretty sick. He could've dropped it off at the local pound and said it was a stray. Least it would've had a chance. Think I'd call the cops. Guy who would not only put down a dog like that AND take the time to do it/put the body on your property is sick in the head. If he had just put it down on his property and buried it that would be one thing...but the additional act is something else entirely.

18. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Well the guy texted me back and was pretty ticked. Apparently the pup I took back is still there and fine, he sent me a current pic. I apologized for losing my temper and jumping to the wrong conclusion. Which is still in question at this point. He said there were originally 8 of them and he said he didn't know how they got so far from home as the one I found the other day...he was two miles from their house and I mean this pup was barely big enough to get through ankle tall grass.

So I dunno WTH is going on but it sure looked bad on his part, I know that dog carcass wasn't there the day I found the live one because I drove right across in that exact spot going out that day. I'll stop by there and apologize in person tomorrow and have a visit with the guy. So right now between the two of us, the ID of the dead dog is an unknown. From my perspective there aren't many tiger striped dogs around and even fewer with a litter of pups, they are barely big enough to go 100 yards let alone two miles. How did they get over on my place to start with, how did one get back there since? Sketchy as hell.
    So I'm guessing the day I found the one pup, there was another one I just didn't happen across and the coyotes got it since then. They weren't big enough to make it on their own anyway. The dead one was pretty fresh so it's not been there long. I guess I just jumped to a bad conclusion with my bad temper.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    dnoodles likes this.
  19. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    hey, you owned it. To be fair, he did tell you he was probably going to shoot it. Wasn't much of a jump to conclude that's what happened.
    Could be coyotes or even a hawk or something drug it out there.

CoveyMaster likes this.
  20. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks man.
    So I guess my rant is actually about people that don't have their animals spayed/neutered and then just let the little ones run around and get killed.

dnoodles likes this.