The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Pisses me off I was told that all that nasty stuff from breathing smoke would flush out of our systems in a week or two, they lied to us I know two firefighter that learned they had lung cancer soon after they retired.

2. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  3. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    When really good people quit the company...

Shocker99, TJF and Sota like this.
  4. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The bane of my existence. Well that and brick chimney's in Oklahoma.

5. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Banana's. I cannot stand to eat a banana. I think it is the texture. I love banana pudding, using them in my morning smoothie or banana foster but just eating a banana almost makes me sick. I made my smoothie this morning with a fresh mango and ran out of room for the banana so I figured I'd just eat the banana. Nope and now you know why you see the occasional banana on the side of the road just waiting to cause an accident.

ash d likes this.
  6. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Banana's on the side of the road? Did you start an incentive program for your employees to play real-life Mario Kart when driving to jobs? Cause, that might make you the coolest boss ever.

dnoodles and Okiebob like this.
  7. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Spent the entire day thinking it was just Thursday. I think I need a lake weekend.

Sota likes this.
  8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You sound like my wife's friends.

Okiebob likes this.
  9. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Packing for it right now. ETA 4 hours.

10. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So an update to this. I come home tonight and have a lot of leaves in my yard. Odd for this time of year. Get out of my truck and all of the leaves left on the tree are shriveling and wilted.

Thinking back on it, the jackass that was pounding away at the hollow also had a half gallon or so tub that he kept sticking up into the void. I wasn't sure what to think of it at the time because he was sticking it in and raising it up.

Now I realize he was dumping something in to kill the rest of the tree off.

Luckily it is SSE from my house and getting strong SE winds is uncommon but southerly winds are fairly common. Overall top heavy weight of the tree itself would take it more towards the road/edge of my drive so house is safe. Truck in the driveway could be an issue.

My fear is the hideous tree in their backyard that has been overtaken by an invasive vine. I'll get pics of it. It would take out my fence and garage if this brainiac knows how to kill trees quickly.

11. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I could damn near make a meal outta bananas.

12. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Judges and prosecutors not being held responsible for violent crimes and murders caused by their not doing their jobs.

13. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Watching several Family owned businesses that have been in operation 75 to over a hundred years going out of business this past year. Family not wanting to continue on.

14. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I'm on a tear this a.m....Lol
    Amazon conspiracy:
    I have a fire stick, a few years old and Amazon started bombarding me with you need to update messages months ago. No no I don't! Then the fire stick started acting up...Hhhmmmm. I waited that out and the wifi remote started acting up... Well all of a sudden the message fire stick can know longer find your remote. Really?! I tried absolutely EVERYTHING out there to fix this. I refuse to replace the firestick, for I just know nothing is wrong with it. So after a few days of it not working ,though my universal TV remote was able to do basics, I ordered a new remote.
    Just like MAGIC the old remote started working perfectly, imagine that! You can not convince me that this whole thing wasn't somehow an Amazon being able to control issue.. a programmed "issue"

15. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My wife planned a garage sale for the hottest day of the year. I actually did quite well, but still, I hate the heat. Haven’t even hit the worst of it yet.

upload_2021-7-31_13-48-50.png

16. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Pulled a sd card from camera that’s been out for a couple months. Put it in my pocket or at least that’s what I thought. Go to get it out when I get home only to find the other 3 I brought with me not the one from my camera. Back in the truck and back to where I took my shirt off to see if it fell out. Knowing my luck if I find it probably will be 250 pics of the sun and leaves.

GregH and oldnotdead like this.
  17. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Looking in farmers clover field ,that is really tall again. I Spot red. Assume it's a deer close to house and get the kitchen table bino's out. Well now I know why A.J. kicked up a flock of turkey at my new plot behind the house. A very big red coyote with just the top of his head peeking out . Hubby and I watched him as fawn bleats got his attention. He finally spotted us on the porch and went up across the field. What perfect shot opportunities and no season. They are just breeding killing machines.

18. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    A. J. Rolled in something disgusting today. I'm tired and do not want to bath him!

TJF likes this.
  19. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have a couple firesticks, I will say that if you don't update them they start getting quirky. I use mine for IPTV(something they have no control over) and use a VPN, and if it isn't updated I get really bad buffering and crashing. Even the remote has firmware installed on it that needs updated periodically, but it usually does it automatically. Guessing that was what happened with your remote and the new one you purchased had the newest or at least up to date enough to pair back up to the stick.

They probably know more about me by my purchase and search history than by whatever they can gather from my firestick.

oldnotdead likes this.
  20. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I havent paired the new one yet, because within a couple of hours of placing the order, the old one started working perfectly. You can't convince me that if updates can be made, gremlins can't be placed . It's a scam as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021