The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I wonder how you know that...
    seriously though, it was like that pain you feel 5 minutes after a hornet sting....for 2 straight days. Not bad enough that I was squalling, but bad enough that it was always on my mind and hard to sleep. Or would have been without whiskey.

2. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Had a guy brandish his handgun in traffic. Went to get on the highway, the guy was playing the I'm not going to let you merge game, luckily the guy behind him was human enough to slow down and let me in but then the first idiot slows down again once I merge. He is trying to wave me around him but I'm getting off at the next exit so I just hang back and wait. He exits at the same exit and I'm still behind him at the stoplight. He then rolls down his back window (Toyota Tundra) and flashes his gun. At no point in time did I do anything other than try to drive, no finger, foul looks or anything. I call 911, follow back until the idiot pulls into Sam's. Police show up, the guy claims I tried to run him off the road, they review my dash cam and he gets some silver bracelets. Nucking futs. And for the record, he claimed i was trying to run him off the road in a car that is only 44.3" from the road to the top of the cab, pretty intimidating...

Dash cams, buy them for every automobile you own.

3. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    USPS is a joke. So posted that it would take 5 days to deliver a package from 200 miles away.

Check it this morning and it redeparted again this morning.

Yesterday's tracking history

Screenshot_20210525-121830~2.png

Today's

Screenshot_20210526-084041~2.png

4. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've had stuff shipped from Dallas, 3 hours away straight down I35, they sent to Nashville, then St. Louis and finally OKC. 9 days. Ridiculous.

5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, I posted one a few years ago on here somewhere. Went from like OH, to Indy, to Champaign(35 miles away) to Chitcago, to Des Moines, back to Champaign and finally to Springfield.

6. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Especially if one has a compromised health condition. Necrotizing Fasciitis is what led to Jeff Hanneman's downward spiral and ultimately his death. Yes, he died of cirrhosis, but NF and the antibiotics required to save his life from that infection further compromised his damaged liver from years of drinking.

This is a photo from the last show he played. Look at how much of his arm he lost in order to save his life.

[​IMG]

7. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Four days later than necessary and 500 miles out of the way, my package will theoretically be delivered today. We will see.

Sota likes this.
  8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was a swimmer in high school. Week before sectionals you started the special diet, day before the meet leg hair arm hair were removed. I never practiced after the removal wanted the first swim be the first fast one. It does make a difference I once took a full second off my best 50 free style time in a sectional meet.

9. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Glad it worked out well. Son came home Sunday from a vacation and they say we were driving down the road and the car next door pulls out a gun,nerf gun, and starts shooting the truck. They laughed it off, I didn't find it funny. How many would have over reacted and cause a crash....

10. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    People are absolutely nuts. Pointing guns at people like it's cool. Good for you Bob.

Okiebob likes this.
  11. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Years ago putting up 7'chicken wire fencing for a big strawberry patch...it was eventually abandoned and over grown. Grape,Virginia creeper,bittersweet vines. Bushes and trees grew through it....Having to cut all that out then cut it off the metal poles pulling them out . Then having to cut each side loose,that's a lot of cutting. What a buggy hot PITA I'll Never use chicken wire again. Worse thing, one reason it was abandoned was a buck had gotten his rack stuck in it one year destroying one side knocking over 3 poles and destroying a couple of flowering bushes.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  12. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    About fifteen years ago when I still lived in Myrtle Beach, I was going to Wal-Mart to get some ice cream for my wife and young kids on a Friday night. As I approached the exit, I noticed the two cars in front of me were having a cat and mouse thing. When we all got to the stop light at the exit, one of the cars was next to me and the other directly behind it. The driver in the vehicle next to me was holding up a Ruger .22 pistol with a long barrel so that the dude behind him [blasting his high beams] could see that he was armed.

When I got in line at the Wal-Mart to pay for my dessert, I noticed I was behind a Hells Angel and his old lady. He wasn't bothering a soul but after the near-altercation at the stop light, I realized I was living in a community in which I clearly didn't belong.

I find myself now searching the web for property in my tiny little Appalachian home town. Eventually, though, it dawns on me that I don't want to go home again per se. I want to go back to 1981 entirely. LOL.

Okiebob and oldnotdead like this.
  13. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I really think part of the problem is the whole Constitutional carry. This an action that has repercussions, a person would learn that in a CC class. Go figure when you give that right to any Joe Bob, Billy Bob or Richard this is inevitable. Honestly, I hope he loses his guns. He has clearly exhibited behavior unbecoming of a responsible gun owner.

cantexian likes this.
  14. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I believe everyone has the right to bear arms. But not everyone deserves it. There needs to be a psych evaluation and back ground check. NY doesn't make it easy but I'm ok with that.

Okiebob, cantexian and Sota like this.
  15. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    As long as pysch eval is done at the state or local level and not the federal, I could be okay with that. At the federal level, with the current antigun mindset of the democrats, that will be abused.

Fix likes this.
  16. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Do you know for an actual fact he had a legal CC?

17. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    On that gun topic and all the problems a psych eval could create once written into law, I will suggest that this one idiot here in Bob's story makes all the sensible people carrying every day look like chit bags. On the surface I will agree there should be some wickets in place to weed out psychopaths and the such from possessing a firearm, but how do you do that in a way that an undue burden is not placed on the rest of us?

A relatable example, although not perfect here. All of us take hunters safety and have plenty of laws in place to punish us if we break those laws and yet we still have Boonervilles out there still. Lol. Like I said not perfect, but how do you honestly put the breaks on idiots. If we do psych evals for guns then I want to see the same before you can vote.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

Sota and cantexian like this.
  18. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    He did not. But Oklahoma is a constitutional carry state, no CC needed.

oldnotdead likes this.
  19. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great post man. My thoughts to the T. It is others that will ruin it for all us law abiding hunters and gun owners.

I relate it to the roofing industry here in Oklahoma. Most municipalities do not have code enforcement/inspectors so it is up to us to police jobs going on in neighborhoods. When we see a gypsy we have to run 'em out of town... I think its the same with gun owners, when you know a person that should not have a gun we have to speak up.

Ridgerunner3 likes this.
  20. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wow...that is some wild west roofing! I mean I'm about as stay outta my life, mr government man, as it gets,but I really would like some standards on constructing my home.

Glad you got that dude hooked and I'm glad he didn't escalate before that. Especially since I assume you weren't carrying yourself. You know boating accident and all....
    Sent from my SM-G960U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app