The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I want to drop off Jen Psaki in a terrible side of a large city armed only with a derringer, a cell phone, and her charm and see how much she supports "common sense gun control" after that.

2. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Another guy with firearms and bombs tried getting into ER in Lexington, KY. Apparently a felon that more laws woulda stopped from getting firearms.

Stay strapped, I mean I did before the boating accident.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Was looking at other stuff and came across few ppl saying they fixed wobble by changing worn out track bar bushings. May be a option.

Sounds like it's gotta be something that either came loose or finally wore out enough to cause problem since just started happening.

4. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ordered some nerf tubes/ steps for my new truck. FedEx said end of day yesterday. Waited and waited some more.... nope, never showed up. Checked the tracking number this morning said end of day today. Waited for a good bit then went with the wife for some food. Came back and missed the guy by 7 minutes!

$#*@#!! Now I have to wait until Tuesday til who knows when....

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

dnoodles likes this.
  5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The University of Minnesota's Men's hockey team continues to be an embarrassment, a skid mark, a circle jerk embarrassment to the state of hockey.

6. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've had enough with the excuses from UPS, USPS and FedEx. I had a package that was supposed to be here Saturday, was sent and I paid for for express service with USPS. "Still in transit." Well cool, its not like I needed it today or had people scheduled expecting it would be here. But here is a Covid disclaimer and excuse basically stating we understand you paid for a premium service but get phucked if you actually think we provide that. Had I known, I could have flown to Wisconsin Friday and picked it up myself. Whole days plan, shot. No fun for Bob.

beavertronic, GregH, wl704 and 2 others like this.
  7. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The shop is pretty sure that it was a defective steering stabilizer. The steering stabilizer was added when I had the lift done a couple of months ago and is still under warranty. They are taking care of it. I went ahead and put new tires on it since those were about due. Hopefully, between the two, the problem is solved.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    jrk_indle84 and wl704 like this.
  8. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

that Mr. Heater BOSS portable shower system I bought for my hunting camps was originally supposed to be delivered this Wednesday, which a work trip popped up late Friday and I have to be in LA tomorrow (that's a whole other rant) so I was going to have to have it diverted and held at a local FedEx facility as the wife is going to also be traveling for work.

Anyway, lo and behold it magically appeared on my porch Saturday AM. I ordered it Friday AM.

So while I am happy it worked out, I would have been pretty pissed had I decided to head up north for the weekend, which was a possibility as it was a really nice weekend. Nothing like knowing there's a $200 piece of equipment is sitting on my porch for 3 days in plain view of every Tom, ****, and Hassan that drives or walks by.

9. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Dumb drivers. People that cannot scan the landscape while driving 12 mph below the speed limit in any lane and then deciding what move they could make that could not only benefit them, but everyone. Drivers seem to think it is a winner take all mentality on the road, when in reality if everyone thinks and makes small logical moves, then we all move faster. Morons.

cantexian, Okiebob and Sota like this.
  10. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Good thing you did not go up north. It WAS NOT a nice weekend. Windy and cold-snow yesterday

dnoodles likes this.
  11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Craig's list people. I listed a boat today I get a text right away from somebody who wants to buy the boat but he is worried that I am a scammer so he wants to send me a code that I resend to him to verify that I am not a scammer? I sent a code back all right.:mad:

w33kender likes this.
  12. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    That's sounds like good deal. Hopefully be it.

I just ordered whole bunch of stuff for mine preparing for installing a lift. Steering linkage, trac and sway bars, shackles, and will most likely have shop that does alignment install new ball joints. Gonna do the u joints and replace the trans mount too before all said and done. So I'm hoping with all new components won't have any issue once lift is on. Only goin with 2.5 so shouldn't get too crazy ha.

dnoodles likes this.
  13. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Once again property taxes going up.

Over the past 2 years the wallet molesters have increased my assessed value over $10,300.

Maybe I should remove my toilets, heard that works pretty good.

virginiashadow, dnoodles and Okiebob like this.
  14. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My daughter plays for a soccer organization. The team one year older than hers had one of their players murdered last year..14 yr old girl gunned down in her neighborhood by some psycho 14 year old boy. Was reading updates about the case it is going to trial soon. What kind of mother fing country do we live in where these animals are being raised to do harm like this to others, particularly women? Teens murdering girls. What in the living F?

15. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Uh, pretty much the exact same thing happened in another Virginia town this past weekend.

You know the answer to the bolded part as well as I.

We are working on Gen 4 of this "no fathers needed" social experiment. Working just as planned.

16. arrowflinger1

arrowflinger1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    For some reason the forum not working, except random times on my phone.....

17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Weird stuff I am not having issues.

arrowflinger1 and dnoodles like this.
  18. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:

same for me, thought it might be my VPN so I rebooted. Working now but it was working earlier before it locked up. Seems to have been happening a lot past couple days

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    arrowflinger1 likes this.
  19. arrowflinger1

arrowflinger1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have been having trouble for about 5 days. I tried rebooting stuff, it won’t work on the IPad or the desktop. Weird...

20. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

I am about due for a reassessment in the township where I live. They do it every 10 years. Good news is that while my assessed value may go up, the tax RATE usually goes down enough that my property taxes go down. About the only benefit to living in a growing township.