The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I honestly don't know much about the Girl Scouts, so I can't really say anything about them. And I don't feel like researching what Girl Scouts do with their time right now

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Craig's list people. I bought a boat there was a box of parts missing, the guys live close to my work so no big deal. I was supposed to meet him last night to get his signature on the bill of sale and the box of parts. 6:00 rolls around I drive to his house knock on the door couple minutes later the kid comes to the door and says his dad is at a conference. The box of parts has the stern handle corners in it I really need those other wise I will have to find another boat of the same vintage just for the corners.

3. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sitting around waiting to get my truck fixed. There is a big old guy in here signing every 2 to 3 minutes. Like he is having a nervous breakdown. Get yourself together man!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    100% truth

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ash d likes this.
  5. Vito

Vito Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Do you mean more of it?

I'm not sure a club based on exclusion is teaching these youngsters the right life lessons.

6. axtell343

Dislikes Received:
    Yes I mean more of it. There are a few cases where sexual assault has taken place, but sending a girl to be camping with a bunch of teenage boys over the summer is asking for it.

I believe exclusion can be an important thing in society, I would much rather see young women trained up by women, and vice versa. But you are however entitled to your own opinion.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    greatwhitehunter3 and WillO like this.
  7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Only The Brave, the movie coming out Hollywood is going to make a mess of this and will be inaccurate. I have heard audio of the entrapment, read the transcripts and the final report on the incident I can guarantee that they get it wrong. The crew is being represented as a hot shot crew, they were not an accredited national hot shot crew did not have the leadership qualifications and experience. The structure that the crew died trying to get to was not lost even though there was no suppression efforts on the flame front approaching the structure.

I am by no means critical of the firefighters that died, they died following orders. Their leader made a lethal mistake.

8. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thought it looked like a decent movie worth seeing but I know nothing of the real story.

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Curse the sky 2 days of 15 mph NW winds, went against my better judgement and went fishing instead. The hurricane made going thru the mangrove tunnels to the open water a challenge. There was no keeping a kayak in position in the wind so I had to get out and stand on barnical islands to cast. I tried it all with a jerk bait fast twitch, slow, sit and jerk and fast rips nothing biting. Kinda gave up and started to paddle back to a different landing and thought I would trow the jerk bait out and troll. Caught me a 8" puffer fish on a 6" jerk bait, the skunk was off but was not a great day on the water.

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I neglected to mention that I put a hook into my favorite shorts and had to cut it out, had a heck of a time getting my leg out of the kayak because my hips are shot and I tried to get out in a back bay and both crocks got stuck in the silt. I just about fell when my feet were stuck but I was not going to give my wife the laughfest that would have been. That and I am pissed that I bought 25 pound test line it casts like crap with a 1/2 ounce lure.

11. tkaldahl2000

tkaldahl2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Driving by a piece of property that I was pretty sure was public, but just saw the orange sign on the gate post that means no trespassing here in Montana. Stopped today for a better look, and the guy had put his hunting lease, no trespassing sign in front of the DNRC sign identifying it as state land. Same guy probably already controls access to a couple sections of landlocked public land that he treats as private property.

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I know this is the rant page but not sure where to put this, I guess a rant against myself. My wife and I had dinner reservations at some quaint italian place in the arts district. We were ready early so we thought we would go for a walk in the neighborhood, we stopped in an irish bar for a cocktail and for some reason I caught the fancy of a pumpkin beer with a cinnamon and sugar brim, damn it it was good and I felt 10 ply soft drinking it.

Jeepwillys likes this.
  13. Vito

Vito Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Asking for it? See that is the problem with how sexual assault is viewed. Maybe take this opportunity to teach them not to creeps. Then they might not grow up to be the next O'Reilly, Weinstein, or the countless other asswhipes out there.

14. axtell343

Dislikes Received:

Not going to clog the rant thread any more, you have your opinion and I have mine. Besides, I don't have any more food to throw under the bridge :)

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

15. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This makes 100% of the members here had a rant about Sota at one time or another :-)

J/k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. takemrarely

takemrarely Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Personally I like I Sota ...heis a lot like me....right 99 percent of the time....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sota likes this.
  17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Oh I understand completely not offended at all.

18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So I was stupid for years, I never had a bow holder always kept the bow on my lap. I went and picked one up yesterday and used it last night. I still held my bow the last half hour but the hour and a half wait for primetime was much more pleasant with my bow hanging instead of being held.

ash d and Fix like this.
  19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Bono, you disgusting lying hypocritical pig. Nothing worse than a false profit that shames others while doing what you accuse others of. So typical of the advocate famous celebrity, shut up and sing you lying piece of dung, and pay some taxes.

greatwhitehunter3 and ash d like this.
  20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Who in the hell can't make mashed potatoes? Been seeing commercials for Bob Evans microwaveable mashed potatoes who the hell eats instant reheated mashed potatoes? My depression era grandmother would be just shaking her head.

greatwhitehunter3 likes this.