The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have been chasing an issue with my 1960 Mercury 400 outboard seems like all spring and summer. The motor would have good days and bad days. I have been working from every angle to try to figure it out. I replaced the gas tank, I replaced the fuel line from the tank to the fuel pump. I rebuilt the fuel pump twice, I replaced all the fuel lines from the fuel pump to the the carbs. I took the top off the carbs and cleaned the filters. I decided to pull the carbs off yesterday and went in. It is a cramped motor so to get at the carbs you have to pull the starter and still have tough angles to get at some of the screws. During the process of trying to get at a screw I pushed against the distributor and it moved, I check further and the distributor turns about a quarter turn. It was not a fuel issue at all it was timing due to the distributor being loose. :mad: Granted the fix is free but still pissed I have spent so much time chasing the problem.

2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Being the only conservative/Libertarian at in-laws listening to the mindless dietribe.

3. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hate it when the terms "$h!t happens" and "Everyone makes mistakes" seem to apply to everyone but you.

Sent from my VS500 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The company that picks up my garbage is becoming a PITA to deal with. They noted that I do not have a recycling bin by my garbage can and insist I have a recycling bin by my garbage can. I refuse to take part in the boondoggle that is recycling yet the company insists the container is there.

5. Hatfield Hunter

Hatfield Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sota cement down the recycle container its where they want it isn't it ???

Hillbilly Jedi likes this.
  6. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think anyone takes a drivers ed course anymore. Or at least they don't drive like it. They never use turn signals, come to a complete stop or know how to merge. And here's the really stupid thing.... they don't stop at a stop sign or on a red light when turning right. BUT when they come to an intersection with a separate right turn lane where you don't have to stop and can merge....they freaking stop and wait. It's mind blowing to me!

Jeepwillys likes this.
  7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Excellent suggestion.

8. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ya, fill it with concrete and put a note that says "Recycle this Beeoootch!"

Shocker99 likes this.
  9. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Insisting that a error is software driven for a week then being told I am needed on site right Effin now as I stand at another branch 350 miles away. Only to drive to the branch and get a call as I enter from software engineer saying it's all set and it was just a small glitch in the processing.

10. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Tearing your shoulder again 2 years and 2 weeks after the first one. Thought I was going to get to hunt with a vertical bow for the first time in 3 years, but not gonna happen this year.

Getting old sucks.....

11. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    When you are talking about buying something and there is always that one person who "already owned one" and "you don't want one"

Listen, I don't care if you owned something and didn't like it. I'm not you. So, unless you plan on giving me your item because you "hate it" so much...then just zip it.

*This does not apply to those people who are genuinely trying to help. This applies to the know it all jerks who make stuff up just to put down your buying inquiry. *

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't usually buy a lottery tickets when the jackpot gets over $200 million I figure what the hell that $ amount is worth complicating my life so I buy a 2 tickets. I don't buy a ticket and fantasize about what I will do if I win I know better. Yesterday when I was in town I bought two tickets and I just checked my numbers, once again my numbers did not match a single number.

ash d likes this.
  13. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I believe this directly correlates to the number of illegals in a given area. Since your state (and mine) is handing out DLs to illegals like candy it's only going to get worse.

14. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Fast Food places that take your order and money and then inform you that it will be a 5-8 minute delay. Tell me that crap when I order it and I'll decide whether I want to wait or get something already available. Bastages!

15. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ahh, nothing like getting honey bee stung first thing in the morning while putting out syrup feed. Split some nucs the other day and the queenless boxes decided it was time for some payback I guess.

foodplot19 likes this.
  16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    A fantasy football live draft on ESPN is compared to a slave auction. You have to want to be offended to make that leap.

WillO and ash d like this.
  17. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Vet estimate. Took my dog to vet he has been limping some but has been slowly getting better but for X-rays and sedation they want between $500 and $700. Then if surgery is required between $3000 and $5000 on top of the 5 to7. I don't if I would spend that on myself.

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting.com Forums

18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Today's rant people that do not grasp you reap what you sew. Ted Nugent the admitted draft dodger and pedofile wondering why he is not in the rock and roll hall of fame. Could just be that he did not sell enough albums or he did not have the talent to evolve his musical style, either way he does not belong in the hall. Glad to see he is handling it with such grace.

19. Jacked

Jacked Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm so tired with all the issues that's plaguing this country. Left vs Right, racial issues, cops vs public, Colin Kaepernick not getting signed, BLM, KKK, running people over with cars, monuments taken down...blah, blah, blah. I need some tree stand therapy.

cantexian, greatwhitehunter3 and Sota like this.
  20. takemrarely

takemrarely Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Let's start a Go Fund me page for Kaepernick....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk