The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. janesburg

janesburg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Would it be ok if instead of playing video games he spent hours daily reading and posting on a Bowhunting website? (Asking for a friend.)

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

dnoodles and Sota like this.
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yes it would be. Hunting is different, good hunters keep up on information.:biggrin:

3. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    no kidding...trying to buy federal flight control 00"

Okiebob likes this.
  4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Its flooding here and we are scheduled to have many more inches of rain this week. Already the 3rd wettest month on record and it's only half way through. Gonna mess up my river fishing for a month!

5. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Enjoying a beautiful day with family at grandsons 5th birthday party. Now a ground bee had been buzzing me from the time we arrived ,but not too aggressive. Just before we are ready to leave I Pull hair from my face and he flies in getting caught between ring finger and pinky nailing the joint twice!!! 2 hour later and bee sting meds on it , I can't describe the pain. My knuckle finger , wrist and all the way to my elbow. It just keeps rolling in, in waves. I get stung every year, but this is really bad.. BTW
    I'm the only one that got bothered by it all day.

6. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Now heres the big one. I see a nasty wound on daughters shoulder. " what happened?" I got hit by a truck mirror while riding my bike ,but my helmet saved me when my head hit the ground. WTH! " What the driver do? "
    He nor ANY other car stopped to help. Thank God she wasn't knocked out or had anything broken. Geez she's 37 so not a kid.
    What is wrong with people!!!!

7. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Getting old or whatever causes the bodies reactions to change.

Past couple years come to the realization that I am now allergic to topical ointments, Neosporing, polysporin, bacertracin etc.

Stocked up on betadine, iodine, drawing salve and new skin to treat cuts/scratches and what not.

After surgery had a hell of a rash develop on the side of my stomach. Satyed at my brothers that night and figured his dogs had gotten into some sort of ivy and I came into contact with the oil, but it had straight edges to it so it was confusing me.

Went to the follow up appt and surgeon said it was a reaction to the adhesive tape when they placed surgical matts over my abdomen. Made sense and then started making me think.

When I was self guinea pigging myself with ointments I was also using band aids during the testing. Convinced myself it was the adhesive that I was having reactions to. So I spread some polysporin on the incision sites as they were getting a bit red and tender.

Wrong move, developed a rash and welting around 2 of the 3 and ended up having to go to my Dr. yesterday to get prednisone and antibiotics to treat it

So glad it is mid August and not September right ow, recovery isn't going as planned :lol:

Go back to work Tuesday but questioning whether that is going to happen now.

I remember when life used to be simpler......

dnoodles and oldnotdead like this.
  8. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Holy crap! Glad im not you

9. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Lol mine started in my late 30's. After major surgery for a broken leg and dislocated ankle. The anti inflammatory meds to keep swelling down in cast had me in hives.. Sent to allergist to find a whole bunch of stuff I had no idea about. Like lanolin, wood smoke, naproxen.ect,ect
    Now our kids are going through the same thing in their 30' s . Our daughter never has smoked now has asthma.
    Life just sending random surprises....

10. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Finally pain has subsided...worst single bees sting ever! Said by someone that's had swarms of ground bees hit them. Rough night.

11. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    as I age I am becoming more and more allergic to certain types of beers. Like pretty much most of the tastier ones.
    Grapes and tomatoes, too; which really cuts back on the enjoyment of one of my favorite pairings- good cabernet with pasta and marinara. I'll still do it from time to time but I know when I do I will be sleeping on the couch. And by sleeping I mean tossing and turning between fits of snoring.

Okiebob and oldnotdead like this.
  12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I got lucky with my changes. I used to get poison ivy real bad, like even in the winter bad. Now no big deal I never get it maybe a dot of it but it does not spread all over my body.

13. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's time.

virginiashadow and Sota like this.
  14. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Going for rant of the year?

:lol:

15. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hammer time? giphy (6).gif Or Tool time?
    giphy (7).gif

cantexian likes this.
  16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So I was up at my usual time this morning had sucker minnows left over from last night so I figure I would cast out a sucker and enjoy my cup of coffee. I am sitting there and I see the parade starting over at the boat ramp. The lake is a pretty popular bass lake. So I am sitting there and I can hear guys down the lake complaining about my line being in the way that they can't get to the 2 docks the want to cast under. Mine and my neighbors. So these jerks put their boat in the lake I pay taxes to live on and they are bitching about me fishing off MY dock. I did catch a bass and he swallowed it good no way a treble hook is coming out without killing the fish so I cut the line. Then it dawned on me, I casted that high visibility orange bobber out once in again in the way and went in the house to fry bacon. Go ahead report me for having an unattended line I hope a CO shows up to bust me for an unattended line, problem is you are not fishing if you do not have a hook on your line.

cantexian, Okiebob and virginiashadow like this.
  17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Fix is about to crumble. One of the hardest days in a Dad's life.

Fix likes this.
  18. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Could be just now watching last nights PPV

bruce-buffer-ufc-fight-night-72.jpg

19. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ah, have to go to Best things in Life thread to put 2 and 2 together.....

Sota likes this.
  20. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Three days on the road and came home to three of my kitchen cabinets completely emptied out.. My wife had surgery on Monday and so while I was in Arkansas for work this week the mother in law came over to "help out" during her recovery. At some point in her daft mind she decided to clean and rearrange the cabinets but only managed to pull everything out and stack it all on the counters. If their is something I hate more than a disorganized kitchen, its doing something half ass before giving up. The kicker, our housecleaning crew comes by every Thursday, she decided to send them away bc they might have the covid.. this coming from my MIL is something else, she's an effing rat licker herself. Screenshot_20200813-222354_Instagram.jpg