The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It is the constant force feeding every time you turn around. It is nothing but normalizing for those who are too young to understand why it controversial and an attempt to brainwash acceptance for those who disagree. Easiest solution if it annoys you: turn it off.

GregH and virginiashadow like this.
  2. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Background check forms that ask for hair color offend me. Why? Because my hair color is bald. Knock it off with the anti-bald hate.

3. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I can't stand to keep hearing the Seattle Police Chief speak. My goodness lady, step up. If the powers that be are handcuffing your power to act, then resign. At that far into the game she probably has a great retirement. Keep your pride intact and let the place go to hell.

4. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My French Canadian great uncle used to have a comic on his fridge. The punch line 'God only created so many perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair.'

cantexian likes this.
  5. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yup. Not sure who is holding her hostage (mayor, council, governor), but wasn't she sworn to uphold the law (or at least stick to their mission statement)?

https://www.seattle.gov/police-manual/general-policy-information/mission-statement-and-priorities

6. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    The police are an arm of the government. Make no mistake about that at all. Sounds bad but it is true. However, if something is rapidly unfolding and requires urgent action, a police officer must act. If I see or hear of citizen in danger I am acting, fired or not. Don't care.

ash d, GregH, wl704 and 1 other person like this.
  7. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    That is a problem in our country. The politicians and the elected District Attorney's circumvent the Legislator by not prosecuting certain crimes and or crimes during specific incidents (see riots). They go rogue and are not held accountable.

wl704 likes this.
  8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was going to rant about some pion minion in a cube who had one job after the e-mail was sent with the clearance to close message to actually file it in a timely manner thus screwing up my closing today. Here I sit with no AC and the direct tv is shut off and I don't really have much to do till Thursday. What does a guy do when he is hot and bored, yep going to go buy beer and sort thru the nuts and bolts in the shop.

DeadeyeDick and Okiebob like this.
  9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    People in general, I am giving away a free koi, the last one. Fish is 4 years old 12" long. Not a cheap fish put it on the free listing you want it come and get it I am not catching the fish for photos. A-holes are getting a fish my wife won't tell me what she paid for it, pretty much means it was over $100 that is the threshold for not mentioning the cost on pond things like plants and fish.

10. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Virginia's Governor Northam today as to why Richmond remains in a state of emergency.

This is our Governor. Our Governor.
    Northam's order reads: "Often, peaceful demonstrations evolve into conflicts with law enforcement during late night and early morning hours. These events have required significant intervention to ensure the safety of protesters and the public, protect property and provide additional resources to support our local and state partners."

What a political statement. I hate liars.

11. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Because you are a man driven by ethics, a personal drive, a moral compass, duty and integrity. Noble and appreciated, thank you!

I don't see some of these characteristics on display in Seattle (or numerous other locations)...

12. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Partner carrier and LEC insisting on vendor meet when I know we will all stand around playing the it's not my equipment BS. 3.5 hr drive up country to pull my horn then 3.5 hr drive home.
    It's going to be a macallan neat kind of night tomorrow.

I know scotch isn't the answer but it's worth a shot

dnoodles and Sota like this.
  13. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ha! my wife has a stair stepping machine never to be seen again under a pile of her clothes. I thought I might have been the only one.

14. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Google has to keep up with the "In" crowd and show how woke they are.

virginiashadow likes this.
  15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hennipen County as just declared racissim a public health crisis. That will fix it.

GregH likes this.
  16. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Only took 127 days but finally got cc license. Good job Illinois.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

17. bowhunt4abuck

bowhunt4abuck Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I’m shocked you got one. I haven’t even tried to jump through the hoops cause I was hearing they wouldn’t show up

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

18. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They're pretty slow and from what I've read on another forum it's kind of a crap shoot really. Biggest thing that will put the breaks on it is if screw up something on app. Reviews take forever, year or more for some, so that had me freaked out for longest time. Took the class for 2nd time in Feb so figured what the heck. Did it when law first passed but didn't apply because was worried wouldn't get it.

It wasn't a terrible experience besides time it takes. I didn't send prints in so had to wait full 120 days for sure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

19. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  20. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    This entire justice for Breonna Taylor thing. Maybe I don't know all the facts but this is what I have researched.

Detectives had surveilled Breonna driving to a "trap house" and bringing packages to her own house, numerous times. Search warrants for the trap house and Breonna's house were obtained. The trap house was owned by her ex boyfriend. So they got "no knock" warrants on both Breonna's house and the drug dealers house. They executed the search warrants on both houses at the same time. They conducted a no knock warrant on the trap house. But they conducted a "knock" warrant on Breonna's house because they feared a child was inside. So the team knocked and announced that they had a search warrant and were police. No one answered so they forced entry and were met by gunfire by Breonna's boyfriend who was lying in bed with Breonna. Police returned fire and killed Breonna.

Am I missing something to be outraged about other than maybe the police didn't know their target before they unloaded into the house?(not sure that even happened but assuming based on what I've read--and even if it was I wouldn't be outraged, just concerned).

Am I analyzing this wrong?

Sota likes this.