The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    ABC News is lying and hyping a story reporting the Russians hacking the Hew Hampshire Power company. The virus is easily purchased and was found on the laptop of an employee not on the central control system of the power grid. The media has learned nothing from the election results.

2. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I hate it when my local lender sells my loan to some fly by night company.

I get a letter from my local lender saying as of xxxx date, they will no longer service my loan. I will be hearing from the new company shortly.

About 3 weeks later (Nov 21), I receive a letter from company yyy stating they have purchased my loan. The letter goes on to give me my account number and various ways to make my payment. They state they will mail me a payment notice approximately 20 days before payment is due.

Great, Ok. Fast forward to Christmas eve day. I come home and find a phone message to call company yyy about my overdue payment. WTF???????? I dial the call back number and get "We are sorry but our office hours are blah, blah blah-no customer service on weekends but they have the balls to call me on the weekend??

Message says I can review my account details by following the instructions in their initial greetings letter. Sure enough, buried in fine print on the last page.

I setup my account and log in to find out that my payment was due 12/8. WOW! Missed the first payment and the second is due shortly.

NEVER received a billing statement-for either date!

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The outrage with the dems all upset that another country tried to influence the US presidential election, good greif the US has been meddling in foreign elections for a long time.

4. takemrarely

takemrarely Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The Dems....period

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No kidding, look at the coverage on the Drudge report vs Huffington post of the 4 feral thugs that kidnapped and tortured the disabled kid in Chicago.

6. bradn4201

bradn4201 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Those sorry pieces should be hung, drowned and then shot. But, but the chief of police said at first it wasn't a hate crime.....Yeah, sure, whatever. If that had happened the other way around there would be riots......

7. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Brad buck up and turn up the heat, 65 degrees in the house? I would have a revolution or an uprising if it was under 70 degrees.:biggrin:

9. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A bit early in the evening to have the heat set to the "sleep" setting!

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I heat mostly with wood and live in an oak wilt area, unlimited fuel easy to keep it warm in the winter, heck the shop has not been below 50 degrees yet this winter even during the days I am not out there.

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am ranting about all the contacts in my cell phone that are viking fans that were foolish enough to text me before the 5 minute mark of the second half yesterday. Even my mother popped off. Funny I have to work with some of the people today and they will think I am an a-hole but come on they really brought it on themselves.

12. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

The time wasn't set right. That was the overnight temp while sleeping inside. I started a fire as soon as I got up and warmed it up. A bit chilly.

13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Again the Dems and the media exposed as frauds with fake news yet probably will not be held accountable. Yesterday Al Franken while taking part in questioning Jeff Sessions during the conformation hearing brings up the fake news that Russian intelligence had incriminating info on Trump. Not only does this have nothing to do with Jeff Sessions it was unverified and now proven to be BS. Absolutely no integrity with the media and the Dems in their quest to discredit the President elect.

14. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Franken is a putz, plain and simple. He sounded like he'd smoked a bag of weed and drank a fifth of scotch before the hearing began. Slurring speech and sheer ignorance with every syllable, speaking about things in which he knows nothing. "I'm not a lawyer but I'm about to give my opinion on what lawyer's do...." he said essentially. Idiot. Thank you, Minnesota, for foisting this boob on the American public.

15. takemrarely

takemrarely Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Certainly not the boob America would like to have hoisted upon it......

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have never voted for Franken, it is the fools that live near the tall buildings that send idiots like that to Washington. Thank you Hennepin, Ramsay, and St Louis Counties for making the rest of us look like voting idiots.

17. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Instant messaging at work...Seems to encourage people to think they/their problem is the most critical and regardless of what you're doing or working on.

18. w33kender

Dislikes Received:
    I totally understand.

Folks seem to think stopping me while I'm enroute to fix something for someone else is the best time to tell me they need something solved as well. I tell these DMF's to email me so I can put them on my work list. Do they ever do that? No. And then they talk **** about my service, how I never help them.

19. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    "Open a problem ticket"

20. w33kender

Dislikes Received:
    Not a rant because I love job security, but my last repair job was due to a surge protector being turned off. Somebody's fat foot cut the power. LOL.