The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  2. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  3. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had a buddy who went to college for a year in Montana. The way he described it was that he went to tour the school in July and it was hisghs of 75 Lows 55 and great fishing hiking etc. He said when he got to school it was great for a month then it snowed in September and didn’t melt until April. Once November arrived nobody did anything bevause it was so damn cold. Great place in the summer but cold and dark during the winter

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Stayed in the city last night in a hotel, the Mrs and I were awake early so we had breakfast in an empty restaurant. The overly chatty waiter was telling us all about the venison he gets from a friend. He told me that he grinds up all the roasts he gets because of the lack of fat that venison roasts are better off ground. I let it go and did not offer a counter point. Two nights in the city is just too much.

5. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  6. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  7. Between2Bluffs

Between2Bluffs Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I actually agree with the waiter. I will either grind all the roasts or make homemade jerky with 'em. But I dont really care for any sort of roast so its not just venison roasts.

8. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Global warming????
    Tell that to my garden, peppers are just starting to set good flowers and fruit, tomatoes are just ripening enough to can. Making tomato juice today. Here we are Oct 1 tomorrow. So half of them won't have time to ripen and I'll get few peppers. Temps are goi g into 40's and high 30's next week.....so they

9. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Went and saw Nick Offerman last night, got a seat right next to the biggest snowflake of all. I mean, how are you not going to check out any of his stuff before purchasing a ticket and then sit and pout when his views do not line up with yours. To top it off, his message was we are all dipchits that should try harder to get along but not pouty cakes, he'd rather sulk.

opossumhunterNC and Fix like this.
  10. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Offerman is awesome. I still sit through parks and rec to watch him kill it as Ron

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    opossumhunterNC and Okiebob like this.
  11. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Regardless of climate noise...

Peppers are fickle about temps to set fruit. They can be picked if decent size before a frost... Undersized are a bit bitter.

You can pick all the decent sized ones just before first frost. Partial ripe ones get some time in the window to ripen.

Green one becomes fried green tomatoes: sliced, breaded and flash fried, then frozen. Finish frying (or air fry) to serve.

oldnotdead likes this.
  12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If you have unripened tomatoes, pull the plant roots and all and hang the plant in the garage upside down. The tomatoes will ripen.

oldnotdead likes this.
  13. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've been picking my green tomatoes in a dill brine the last couple of years. Freaking delicious. I like fried green tomatoes too but boy howdy they're surprisingly good pickled. Plus, I dont have room to hang them like Sota, I have other plants hanging and curing out that time of the season.

oldnotdead, dnoodles and Sota like this.
  14. mikey custom-g

mikey custom-g Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve had a Yahoo account since 1998. I might have 3 actually. Lol Fantasy baseball, football, basketball when I was younger. Email accounts and Yahoo even had chat rooms and a thing they called Yahoo 360, a blog My Space type thing before these other blogs started.

I’m a long time Yahoo account user. It was them, AOL which I didn’t like and MSN which I didn’t like. Dog Pile was the Google back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Been there done all that.
    Oh BTW wood chuck came in and ate all 30 hot pepper plants last week. Moth.. .......!!!! No poppers this year.
    Hopefully it killed him. They are in the nightshade family
    Sorry that riles me.

16. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    One of those mother******s got in my garden last year. It's amazing how much they can eat in a short amount of time and incredibly frustrating because they can just tunnel under anything you put up to keep them out. I was actually out of town for a week when mine tunneled in so he had ample time to do some serious damage. Ate up every single one of my soybean plants, probably half of my various pepper, squash, and tomato plants, and all but a few of the pink eyed purple hull field pea vines.

I got my payback though - shot him in the face with a 300 win mag. Blew his head clean off and didn't damage a bit of meat. He had been eating veggies all week so he was exceptionally tasty, even had a hint of spice from the peppers. Hung his pelt up from my garden fence for all the other land beavers to see. Wanted them all to know that if they eat my veggies then I'll return the favor and eat them.

17. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    One thing I've noticed over the years during early season. The gnats, mosquitoes and deer all work together.. mosquitoes and gnats will not start biting you until there is an old nanny doe staring right at you and you cant move. That's when the gnats will start biting you right in the corner of your eye. Trying the thermacell this year.

mikey custom-g, cantexian and GregH like this.
  18. camo75

camo75 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    For those that ride my rear bumper when I clearly am behind a slower vehicle with no place to go.... I would like to release a 55 gallon drum of golf balls from the bed of my truck for you!

mikey custom-g and GregH like this.
  19. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Golfballs? [​IMG]

20. camo75

camo75 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well the thought of thousands of golf balls slamming the underneath of ones car plus smashing the windshield like record breaking hailstorm brings a smile to my face.
    I’ve got to use them somewhere because I can’t hit them straight.