The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Live from the stand.

mikey custom-g likes this.
  2. mikey custom-g

mikey custom-g Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt every Saturday minimum. Florida pleasure. Game deer are small, but hogs are year round.

I do some live feeds from Facebook, I like those.

How are live from the stands done here ? Just pics ? Or is there a streaming app ? I’ll try it if there’s a streaming app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No it is just text and some pictures, the people that can not put down the damn phone love it.

4. mikey custom-g

mikey custom-g Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Lmfao

When you get my age, you need the gps to track you because you never know when the next hunt is your last.

Getting old sux

Sota likes this.
  5. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Saved a guys life one time that had no pulse by doing CPR until rescue arrived and delivered narcan. Met up with him at the hospital to finish the investigation and not one thank you was said. It's like they dont realize they were just dead 30 minutes prior.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Christine likes this.
  6. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Live From The Stand. A thread is created each year for real time hunting status and banter

mikey custom-g likes this.
  7. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    more addictive than any opioid.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  8. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
  9. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    first time I ever had opioids was my first wisdom tooth removal at about 17. Percocets. Could have very easily become addicted.

Fast forward to my second wisdom tooth removal; different dentist. He said my previous one was nuts to prescribe Percs for tooth removal. Told me to take Aleve and sent me home, said if the pain was too much to call him in the AM and he would get me Vicodin but I should be OK. I was. Aleve killed the pain w/o the buzz.

10. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The IL DMV price changes that took place today are for titles, all plate registrations take place Jan. 1st.

Passenger cars and class B trucks went up $50, while all other vehicles and trailers(including farm) went up $100.

As said earlier, motorcycle plates did not change so guessing someones campaign got a nice contribution somewhere in the mix.

https://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/newfees2019.html

11. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Translation for msnbc/cnn/nyt... "Man in critical condition after police attempt to crush his chest repeatedly and force EMS to stab him in thigh with sharp object.. Family says he was innocent and just minding his own business. Local activists have scheduled a peaceful riot for tomorrow night demanding an independent investigation"

In all seriousness though.. good for you saving a guys life, regardless of whether he appreciates it or not. Your guy may not be thankful now, but if he is one of the lucky few who do get clean then he will sure as **** be grateful then. Our sheriffs deputies and local PD started carrying narcan injectors in their vehicles a while back. A buddy of mine was telling me that in 15 years or so with the sheriffs office he has never once had to use his firearm or taser, but in the first year after they started carrying narcan he used that twice.

If it were up to me anybody caught dealing opioid painkillers, heroine, fentinall, etc would be locked up for attempted murder at the very least.

Christine and dnoodles like this.
  12. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    you forgot to add that the local media would only show his junior high school graduation and/or first communion pics when discussing "the matter."

Case in point:

Laquan McDonald as portrayed by the media in the weeks/months after his death:
    (14 yoa)
    laquan.JPG

Laquan McDonald, 6'2" 200+lb around his time of death:
    (17 yoa - high school dropout)
    laquan 2.JPG

I'm not saying he deserved to get shot 16 times. But I am saying the media ABSOLUTELY misrepresented his image, destroyed the CPD, and definitely tainted the jury pool- intentionally or at the very least recklessly.

Christine likes this.
  13. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Addiction is a horrible disease. Opioids don’t care what color you are, what your Socio economic status is, or how old you are. In 2003 they were handed to me like candy from the military doctors at Walter Reed Hospital in DC. Of course I became addicted to them, but was able to pull myself out of it before I went down a dark road.

Addiction is a *****, it’s a disease like cancer, it’s easy to judge someone who is addicted, but remember that it’s a disease.

Okiebob and Tiny_MN like this.
  14. Tiny_MN

Tiny_MN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Fentanyl sucks, and has hit our streets pretty hard in the county. Luckily, the city I'm in only sees a few cases a year. I saw "luckily" because a few miles away, I know guys who have used multiple doses of narcan in order to bring someone out of it.

The violent reactions are caused by stripping them of their high. The trick is to use enough to just bring them back but not conscious enough to become violent. Tough balance to make...

And, agree with Swamp Stalker, addiction is a *****. Have seen more than my share of incidents caused by those close to me who have an addiction. An addiction doesn't even have to be drugs. Can be alcoholism, gambling, hoarding, etc.

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  15. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Gas a one or out stations went from 2.50 Sunday to 2.79 today. Good thing live close to the river. Mo was 2.29 ha

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

16. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    Poison ivy & poison oak are the bane of my existence. With all the rain we’ve been having this year in particular. Ive got some poison ivy bushes that are freestanding and 10’ tall. If it keeps growing like this we’re gonna have to start calling them trees.

17. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My rant today...this[​IMG]

opossumhunterNC, cantexian and Sota like this.
  18. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've got some spots where I hunt where it climbs 10s of feet up the trees...i don't put my stands on those trees.

Brush-B-Gon my tool of choice to be rid of it.

19. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Be careful and don’t pissing it off
    Dang poison ivy and oak just suck

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

20. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    Yea, you definitely don't wanna put your stand on one of those trees. I hunted some land for the first time a couple years ago in December, got in on a Friday night and went and found a good tree to hang my climber on the following morning. I was running out of light and kind of in a hurry so I didn't pay really close attention. Went out the next morning before sunrise and climbed up. About lunch time I decided to relocate and during the climb down I realized that the furry vine and all the branches that I had been pulling off on my climb up was actually a dormant poison ivy vine. I knew I had gotten it all over my arms, face, and hands and it we too late to really do anything about it. I went back to the car and washed it off with dish soap and water as best as possible and went back out. Ended up getting a nice doe that afternoon. Spent the next week paying for it.