The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Tangent, don't citizens have to vote on constitutional changes?

2. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Can I hunt your hogs?

mikey custom-g likes this.
  3. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yea you'd considered a decent size farm here and would be sitting on a pretty good investment if it was good ground. Good farm ground goes for 12k easy to highest I've heard is 16k/acre. And if you're renting much out you could get 200-250/acre all day. Probably higher. Idk how they do it, we only got around 200 acres left in the family and there's some years it gets pretty tight even with owning that ground. One of my buddies has around 500 and he's been slowly cutting back on grain and getting bigger in cattle. All his wheat pretty much goes to hay or cuts it for cattle feed. Most the corn goes for silage too.

So this hog thing, you pay by the hog or how much meat haha. Actually funny you brought that up, me and guy work with have been talking for last 2 or 3 years about goin somewhere when we get shut down from weather doin concrete but something always comes up. We found several places down in TX and OK that was like "yea come on down, shoot what ya want."

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes that's why it's a State Question.

5. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    wait, did I fall asleep and wake up in October 2020?

6. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    biggest lie any national level politician tells is that they give 2 poops about the debt or deficit.
    Nobody cares. Not enough to eat the crap sandwich economy that would come from a real course correction.

7. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty sure he's a gun grabber. Everything here is code-speak for a national gun registry; which as anyone with a shred of intellectual honesty is the first step to confiscation.

https://www.yang2020.com/policies/gun-safety/

Artem256 likes this.
  8. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    You have to go reporter-by-reporter; and sometimes a even a DB like Hannity features good reporters. Brett Baer is straight news with panels for commentary. John Solomon and Catherine Herridge are legit investigative reporters who don't have their own shows but appear with breaking news; sans commentary.

Bream's not bad but she's on too late and by then I'm newsed out. Axiom and The Hill are decent news aggregate sites. I know Germ will have a conniption but Breitbart and Gateway Pundit have excellent reporting but no clearcut opinion section vs. news section; and their headline writers often mis-characterize their own stories to get clicks.

Lara Logan and Sharon Atkinsson are very good, and Tim Poole does a pretty good job reporting on reporters; and he's about as lefty libertarian as you can get.

Holy crap! I agree with Germ.
    I like Vice depending on the topic; although I haven't seen the 9th Circuit episode. Check out Vice's episode with a panel of pro-Trump black people vs. anti-Trump black people- fascinating.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  9. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    If you think the ChiComms have a lock on the GOP; you're wrong.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/05/0...ial-ties-u-s-enemy-china-overshadow-2020-bid/

They play both sides like fiddles. A tactic of the Chinese is to pit 2 enemies against each other in order to sap both opponents' strength.

Okiebob and Artem256 like this.
  10. Artem256

Artem256 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Why a gay guy would willingly be a christian, or moslem blows my mind. I wouldnt belong to nor support any mythology that lies about, slanders, physically attacks, who’s literature calls to murder me and tries to impede my rights based off how I was born. That’s a definition of insanity to me.

w33kender likes this.
  11. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If only there was another side to pit our lawmakers against here in Oklahoma.. so yeah, the Chinese have our GOP lawmakers bought and paid for and they dont have to double down and purchase the Dems.

12. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well I must not have much intellectual honesty because I dont see that "code talk" in his proposal. Plus, i know that it wouldn't be some Executive order and it would have to go through committee, get discussed on both floors and the realization that we will never be able to confiscate guns from law abiding citizens without an uprising that no politician would ever want to incite. It's just common sense logic. But then again I've heard every politician since Carter was coming to take our guns away and never seen one piece of legislation other than a high capacity mag ban by Clinton that Bush Jr. repealed.

13. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Saw that one it was good, 9th circuit one starts out like this "Trump states the 9th circuit is too liberal and he's right" . Then they go on to explain why.

dnoodles likes this.
  14. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not in Oklahoma I bet;) . Any state that is controlled by one party all you need to do is buy the one party.

The issue is not the Chinese or any other country. It's the door knobs who are single issue voters who are basically to dumb to see what's going on. It's like anthem issue, GOP is smart enough to leech on to it, pump it up in the media, get support. While you are feeling all patriotic they stick to you in the back door on legislation and all the voters say is "Thank you may I have another" .

Same things happens in states like California, NY and other blue controlled states. GOP has mastered this and so has Trump.

Okiebob likes this.
  15. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We leased a lot to a guide service and they absolutely slaughtered them. Before that we were paying a helicopter service to eradicate them. With the flooding going on in SW Oklahoma right now it should be taking care of what's still left. But if the population starts to creep back, you and @wl704 have a spot and I'll even put you up.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Other than cheap goods what do we really need to buy from China that we can not get elsewhere? I know it hurts us but with China pumping money into their economy to stimulate they need us more than we need them more than ever now. We have been taking it from China for far too long.

17. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Top 10

[​IMG]

18. mikey custom-g

mikey custom-g Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No, never sold rust proofing in my life. Worked @ a Chevy dealership many years ago that rust proofed/undercoated every new car.

I don’t think undercoating is done anymore but if it was, and I was buying a new truck, I’d get it. Besides warding off caustic additives to street sanding/salt that decimate a cars underbody, undercoating quiets road noise.

My expertise is matching car loans with the best prospective lending institution for maximum benefit to both customer and dealer.

Auto loans and how they are conducted have tremendously become fully transparent because of new regulatory laws and social media exposure. A dealer can’t afford to conduct itself vicariously because 1 unhappy customer on “Dealer Rater” scares away tons of potential customers.

Today ? You buy the car. You go to finance , where you are given options. Option to buy the car and the car alone. Also are some options for your benefit such as ESC, Gap Insurance, Tire and Wheel Protection and Interior / Exterior treatments amongst other things.

You select what you want, none, all, or customized to your liking. Therefore come Dealer Rater Time, you can’t say as you said “ was pushed to buy something I didn’t want”. Those words are like a cancer to a car dealer in today’s market.

I oversee the teams that do these and verify compliance and transparency but my main task is placing loans as the customer wanted them with lenders. I’ve overseen 26 dealerships simultaneously doing this, and most recently an independent 4 dealership group that sells 4500 cars a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've seen couple different shows and videos where there were "hunting" them out of helicopters. Looked pretty fun, be like the shot from full metal jacket when when they first got to Vietnam. (Besides the women and children part.) It's crazy what kind of destruction them damn things cause. Know some ppl up here thought it'd be awesome if we had them to hunt, everyone else with any common sense was like "how can you be that stupid." There was talk they starting getting into southern IL but they musta knocked them out quick enough cause haven't heard anything for while.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

20. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The helicopter service was about the slickest business model I have ever seen. We, the farm, pay them to come out and they, the helicopter service, would run ads to take people up to shoot. Double dipping at it's best. And yeah, I went up strapped in to the harness with a M14 bushmaster yelling "Get some!" the whole time. Truly an American style of fun, like a roller coaster with guns..