The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Amen brother.

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not much penetration.

3. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  4. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am also scheduled to fly next Wednesday on a 737 max. Flight number hasn't been cancelled yet. Interesting to see how it plays out. I am sure the flight isnt going to sell out and I imagine there is going to be a lot of flights getting condensed/switched to cover for the more popular flights that did get cancelled.

Apparently your buddy and his buddies were too Rocky Mountain High to watch the weather. I was hearing about the "bomb cyclone" for several days before it hit.

5. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    new rant-

buying wheels. I have spent the better part of 3 weeks shopping online for wheels and tires for my new Ford TrExpedition build. Finally found some on Discount Tire that I liked, said they had in both matte and gloss black. I hate shiny things on my trucks, so I ordered the matte. They come in a week late due to the weather, then when I can finally get over and check them out the mattes don't look anything like the gloss- they have all these stupid shiny rivets. So back to square one.

I spent about 3 hours last night online searching, finally found a new set online at 4w Parts, get them cued up in the cart with a 10% online coupon and then decide I want to talk to them before I push "submit" because I want to see how much they weigh and that's not listed. There is a local 4wp store that I can pick them up from so no shipping.

Get up this AM, only to find that the 10% coupon expired over night. Mother*&*&. Oh, well, I figure I can gripe and get the 10% discount applied. Call them, only to find out that that style is discontinued and not available; and the guy on the phone is an a-hole like I'm the dumbass who should have known that a wheel on their website is not in stock and discontinued. Not like I followed an external link; I wouldn't have known the wheel existed had I not been on their website!

WTF.

Now I have to go to work and my stupid truck is still at the shop waiting on new shoes. And I'm starting to sound like Sota.

6. Artem256

Artem256 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    10% of taxifornia floorboards it and drives like ******* maniacs, and 85% are afraid of the accelerator, turn signal and ride the ******* brake. :rant:

7. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Subbing for another at work.

Day 1, first hour, splat! Sh$t hits the fan!

What is worse is that someone knew about the situation YESTERDAY afternoon and we don't find out about it until the dock is loading the damn truck!

Now I get to call the customer and tell them we missed our shipment. Oh, joy!

8. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have to disagree with that, I follow weather more than hunting. It had been forecast to be near record breaking for low pressure, which one reading I seen in Colorado yesterday had it down to 971.0mb which would break the previous record of 972.x for Colorado.

"Bomb Cyclone" is the media hyped term. The meteorological term is called Bombogenisis, which is not entirely rare especially on the east coast during noreasters. It is basically a rapidly deepening low pressure that drops 20 or more milibars in a 24 hour span. There was minimum of 5 days of agreement between all forecasting models that this system was more likely than not to occur.

20190314_103920.jpg

Okiebob likes this.
  9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Don't get me started on their use of Polar Vortex, which is indeed a correct term but they misuse and overuse it. It takes a pretty good event to occur, a week or so before the cold air intrusion here, to dislodge a lobe of the "Polar Vortex". The Polar Vortex never leaves the arctic, but a lobe can be dislodge due to a Stratospheric Warming event well in advance. It really got hyped in 2014 and now they use it for anything "cold" related.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    dnoodles and Okiebob like this.
  10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Now I have to go to work and my stupid truck is still at the shop waiting on new shoes. And I'm starting to sound like Sota.[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute, I drive a truck with stock wheels, I never rant about vanity items.:rant:

11. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That is a definite possibility...

dnoodles likes this.
  12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have a positive rant, Delta airlines zero delays because of grounded planes.

13. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The weather channel. It's not about weather anymore. They actually have an agenda. Its hysterical.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sota likes this.
  14. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    People who play their foul mouthed music in public at level 9 and 10. No one wants to hear that crap.

And another one. Been seeing more and more 20 something year old adults with small kids and they have like 2 lip rings, a nose ring, and an eyebrow pierced. Then they proceed to try to discipline their kids looking like that. Now I'm all about individual expression or whatever, but come on man or woman, you are a parent now.

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I remember when it was a big deal when my little sisters got their ears pierced, my Dad was pissed. Also when my daughter was in college and got one ear pierced a second time my MIL gave her all kinds of ****. I can not imagine how I would have reacted if one of the kids dated somebody with a hardware store in their head. I just do not get the pierced nose.

dnoodles likes this.
  16. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Amen!
    I'll go... No man should have a pierced ANYTHING.
    Women with bling in the navel turn me off!

17. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A dozen turncoat worthless POS senators need a very rude and breathtaking awakening.

dnoodles likes this.
  18. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What's up now?

19. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    I have a lot to rant about today. Lol! There is a group of 20 something year old loud mouths with all the latest football equipment on playing flag football at a public park. Straight loud mouths acting idiotic in front of little kids playing soccer. Even at 30 yrs old there isnt a single one of the 30 on the field who could have covered me on a go route. And forget it if they would have tried to block me. Haha. Modern day kids and all their fancy gear and loud mouths. Give me a break. Symbolic of our loud mouthed culture of all bark and no bite.

cantexian and Okiebob like this.
  20. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Senate passed the bill to block Trump's national emergency declaration. 12 GOP traitors voted for it forcing Trump to veto it.