Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You can become President with out your income tax returns, but can't get into preschool?

virginiashadow, Okiebob and JeffC like this.
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think the law requires either, some lemmings go with what was done in the past and accept it some are strong enough to blaze their own trail.

3. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Some of us actually read the law, my guess is this is a low income family and they are part of the Head Start Program. The home visits are to meet the teacher and ask questions. Tax returns are to show they meet the requirement of "low" income, I believe.

So oldnotdead is this a head start funded program?

Sota I just ask Siri:biggrin:

https://eclkc.ohs.acf.hhs.gov/policy/head-start-act/sec-645-participation-head-start-programs

4. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hell you can even be born anywhere you want and still fundamentally change( destroy) America.

greatwhitehunter3, Sota and dnoodles like this.
  5. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yes..
    Gee I wonder why so many in the area actually home school their kids. This was getting bad years ago but it's insane now. I remember the first time my kids came home and said you can't punish me the teachers said to call social services. Mind you punishment was going to their room ,grounded,or no car as they got older. Oh ya they both had their own cars. I would pick up the phone and say want me to dial the # for you? Once our son ran away because of the no car thing. I found out where he was and called All local cops and a judge calling for his immediate arrest. This because WE were still liable for him. So the cops put the word out I'd done this. He calls me and says "I can't believe you put a warrant out on me,YOUR my mom!" Yep and I'm giving you a choice. Get arrested or get your fanny back here by tonight. Guess who came home and never tried that again. Well it's his son going to preschool, one must love karma. . To an extent, this government control over your kids should be criminal. BTW I had to threaten the cops and judge to get them to help correct his brain fart. They were putting him at risk and there would be consequences if he were to get hurt because they refused to help.

6. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Or cover their tracks...

7. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    No this is just the only preschool program available in this rural area. They have been searching and the next program is 30 miles away. Besides they want him going with kids he will be starting regular school with in a couple of years.
    Seeing he is in construction plus owns his own side business. Bought his house when 21 and owned it out right by 26 ,no not low income.

8. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I knew I felt a disturbance in the force

9. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well sota’s right then,Siri don’t know diddle.

This is a head start program correct?

10. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Yes was to America
    No was to low income.
    He'd have a difficult time proving low income during a total remodel with two garages on 5 acres with a
    pond. Then a few trucks,construction equipment ,an RV and Speed boat in the drive...lol

To head start I have no idea. I just know it's through the school district and he'd be be at the school and take the bus. When our kids went it was in a church and private. They were also the only one in the area. Totally different towns. It is sad though to see 30 years later there are still so few preschool options available . At least there is kindergarten now. We had to send them to Catholic school for that. Not being Catholic cost us a fortune and me having to do several chicken and sausage fund raiser for them..

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  11. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    America is turning back into the crazy wild west! Yehawwww

12. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Having to get a metal detector used on me at my daughters hs bball game. For some reason I got really pissed. Wife said I threw a temper tantrum. Lol. I didnt say really anything I just stared at them and the hs staff. I wasnt really mad at them...just the state or our country and world where we need f'ing metal detectors to view what is supposed to be an enjoyable high school sporting event.

One day I'm gonna disappear into the woods and not worry about this chaos any more. Wake up...piss off the back deck. Drink Budweiser. Make a bon fire. All the rest of it can go to hell.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Uchase2, early in, cantexian and 7 others like this.
  13. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So IL has sent the $15 minimum wage by 2025 bill to the governor for a rubber stamp by Pritzker. The first of many GFY bills being planned by Madigan.

My take on it is, just tax revenue for the state. Rather than do an insane increase in tax they'll raise wages to get more income tax without raising the tax,but then they raise the tax and it is two fold. Then the next wage increase happens followed by another tax increase. Make more and more by the hour, yet your take home is neutralized by income tax and natural cost of labor/living passed down to the consumer by the provider.

Democrats sure know how to povertize the masses,guess it is their way to gain more government dependency. Pretty soon the skilled to unskilled wage gap will be so minimal no one needs the skilled job position. The rate the employer has to raise for product, due to labor rates, to its clients will cause a loss of workload and ultimately fewer jobs. Eventually every manufacturing/industrial company and job will be moved out of state.

Democrats are the ruins of the nation, mark my words. Detroit was the role model of their platform.

Coming soon....

FB_IMG_1550193717512.jpg

14. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Here's my take. Min wage increase will be the motivation for employers to displace cheap labor easy to replace with technology (kiosks, iPads, mobile, etc). Taxes gone.

cantexian and cls74 like this.
  15. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Everytime I feel shocked about some weird happening in our country I think of this old country song.

Okiebob likes this.
  16. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I agree there but did not mention that aspect as it is a foregone conclusion regardless. McDonalds has been doing the "fresh" cook quarter pounders to order thing for awhile. My take on that is they are trying to perfect quick cooking to order for such automated ventures.

Self driving google cars, add on a self loading newspaper tosser and bye bye newspaper boy. Hello walk off the porch recipient to find paper on windy days. While paper versions still exist of course.

Fast food and paper media will go the way of Blockbusters and Family Videos.

Wal-Mart and order ahead pick up will become the big box store version of warehouse pickers.

While the nation gets lazier the technology becomes more advanced to accomodate.

17. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    So what happens to the poverty line when the min wage increases to 15 an hour?

cls74 likes this.
  18. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly, the threshold to meet levels to be placed on foodstamps and assistance has to increase as well, yet the threshold never changes.

Nothing changes except the hardship on businesses to pay competitive wages.

Eventually it all equates to needing government assistance for all. Hook, line and sinker we are now dependent on those that serv.... err... that we serve.

19. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm effing hammered tonight.
    Can we just do a Mississippi Valley Redoubt? Great Lakes + Mississippi Valley and I think we got the start of something good.
    Eff both coasts. The only people with any sense move out here. We can debate the normal. But we won't hate each other and we will generally be OK.

20. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Noooooo, we need to do an in between route.

In between I-80 and the Gulf coast north to south, and Between the Rockies(include Texas) and the Alps West to East.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019