Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Went coyote hunting all day.
    First stand, one comes in perfect. Nailed him at about 100 yards. Good start.
    Next stand, had 2 coming hard. They got to about 150 yards and we're dead to rights but wanted them closer as the snow depth was brutal.
    They were coming in great then spun around like they hit an electric fence. Wind was perfect so it wasn't that?
    Than I heard a rumble. Damn logging truck came down the road behind me and coming down a hill, hit the jakebrake. No traffic had been on that road for the past 2-3 days.:rant:

dnoodles likes this.
  2. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    for what purpose?
    If you did that downtown; the yuppies would run away crying and the homeless would scoop them up and pawn them. That's about it.

3. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    so I've been having ridiculous furnace and hot water heater issues all week- thru the polar vortex; had to buy propane heaters etc. Called the gas company out 2 nights ago but since everything had a flame they said it wasn't their fault.

Tonight I'm out at dinner (read, the bar) with a couple buddies and I get another email from my "smart" thermostat- furnace has been running for 3 hours but temp has dropped 8* during that time. I cut the evening a little short and head home. Inside temp is set at 67*, current temp is 50*. Outside temp was about 36*.

So I go and check the furnace- no flame. I hit the breaker, and check again. Flame on for maybe 10 seconds, then off. Then I check the hot water heater- burner is also off. I prime the pilot, and give it a spark. Nothing. repeat like 10x. No go.

So I do the furnace again; same thing- lights for maybe 10 seconds then off. So I go back upstairs and check the stove- burner lights for maybe 10 secs then fades out. Repeat with same results.

So obviously my next step is to call the gas company, and while they are sending out someone gain tonight; they have the balls to say that they are going to charge me a service visit fee if it's a false alarm. First off; WTF is a false alarm? I have all gas appliances, and none are working. Out of all my appliances, none have been working correctly since at least Monday. Secondly, they killed what was the beginning of a great buzz and gripe fest at the bar tonight. Haven't had one of those in weeks. So now I have a king kong sized set of aggravation blue balls, waiting to be unloaded. All I have to say is this tech had better be polite.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  4. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Noodles. Not much help with your issue but could it be the regulator at the tank?

5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Will RBG be at the SOTU Tuesday night?

6. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Id like to have a third of our representatives be Libertarians. Vote out these entrenched bozos.

dnoodles likes this.
  7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No she won't she is dead.

ash d, dnoodles and cls74 like this.
  8. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe, haha[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ash d, dnoodles, WillO and 3 others like this.
  9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    FB_IMG_1549215158545.jpg

ash d and dnoodles like this.
  10. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I won't go that far, but I'm thinking she has pneumonia.

Busted ribs plus lung surgery to remove concer, at 85 that would be some weak lungs and IMO very high risk to pneumonia.

I do not think this world is ready for the total meltdown that would ensue if Trump gets a 3rd SCOTUS pick. I can't even fathom it myself :lol:

ash d likes this.
  11. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    FB_IMG_1549215765183.jpg

FB_IMG_1549215758670.jpg

ash d and WillO like this.
  12. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Term limits, like the prez. 2 consecutive and then at least 1 term away.

w33kender likes this.
  13. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:

you boys ain't right.
    I don't think she's dead...but I would not doubt life support.

jrk_indle84 likes this.
  14. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    well, to cap off my story-
    so the gas company said they'd have a tech out in 2-4 hours. That was at midnight. I had a couple more beers (I'm off the carb wagon this weekend) and waited, then fell asleep on the couch sometime around 3am- both my dogs were loose in the house and both go berserk if someone so much as farts in front of my house. Woke up this AM- tech never came. So I call again and this lady is a complete twat saying the guy came to my house and rang my doorbell last night and nobody answered. A) I wasn't even buzzed and B) had that happened my dogs would have woken me up from even a drunken stupor. All I can tell her is her tech either went to the wrong house or is a deadbeat liar and is billing them for call outs that he's not actually working.

So they send another dude out, he gets to the house in less than half an hour from when I called. He does some checking, basically after 15 minutes he says my meter outside is bad and that's that. 15 minute swap out. He said that he's probably done 30 of them in the past week due to the cold. How the heck can one guy figure out the problem in less than 15 minutes and the first guy tells me my hot water heater and furnace somehow both went bad on the same day?

Guessing this meter has been dying a slow death- the flames on my gas stove are now probably at least an inch taller than they used to be, and you can now hear the flame pressure. Hot water heater, furnace everything seem normal now... hard to tell for sure on the furnace as it's almost 45* out right now vs. -20 like the other night. Time will tell; supposed to get back down into the low teens this week.

Pisser of it all is I spent over $350 on kerosene heaters and kerosene that are now not really needed; when they should have fixed it right on the first night.:rant::rant::rant:

Christine, cantexian and Sota like this.
  15. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Trust me man people lie. I bought my wife some nice flowers to be delivered to her work. The company said they delivered it. My wife and her staff checked everywhere. They stuck to their story and said they delivered it.

I called their bs and told them no way in hell you delivered it. Two hours later they called back and said the local company they used lied and said they delivered it when they didnt. People suck

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dnoodles likes this.
  16. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    I would like to see the president's terms extended to 5 or even 6 years (still capped at 2 terms.)
    It seems like the first year of any new administration is spent either cleaning up the messes from the previous; or riding their economic coattails. So it really takes a minimum of 2 years for a President's agenda to get any real traction, have real measurable effect, and also for the administration to really kind of work itself out. By then, they're already in full-on campaign mode.

I just think that in today's instant media-driven political clime, they spend more time on campaigning than governing. It would kind of give the new administrations time and space to get some things figured out and done before they start taking incoming flak from people already thinking of running against them in 2-3 years. It would also give the public a better picture of whether or not the agenda is actually working or not.

The 4 year terms just end up where the first half of year 1 is trying to figure out what the hell is going on and either blaming the previous admin and/or taking credit for things the last admin really got started. Year 2 is just a senseless see-saw battle for headlines and the desire for short term policy "victories" that are really only about grabbing the narrative in time to sway whatever poll before whatever mid-term election is coming up; then year 3 and 4 are really only a campaign for the next Presidential election. It's exhausting, even for someone like me who enjoys political analysis.

17. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was going to ask you if the snow had drifted up around your meter. They actually have a vent cap on them that needs to be clear, a lot of people don't realize that and paint them to make them look better and seal the vent with paint.

Don't worry about that kerosene heater, it will pay for itself when you least expect it. They last forever and can be just as critical as a generator after a storm or some other interruption in service. Plus they're mobile.

dnoodles likes this.
  18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Whoa wait a minute, the presidents term shall not be changed, if you are adamant about amendments you have to support the current terms.

19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Dang it I was going to offer him $100 for it all.

Christine, dnoodles and cls74 like this.
  20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Woo Hoo KFC is once again offering BBQ chicken.

virginiashadow likes this.