The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

I think people in WI understand you FIB's are ALWAYS passing!! My wifes cousin grew up in IL and lived there until he was 30. Nearly 20 years later, he still drives like he is in IL. Speed limit 55? He will go 76.

2. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Live virus in the nasal spray. Weakened but alive.

Don't see that offered much any more.

3. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Coworkers who have the audacity to leave early! Before you get a chance to leave early. AND then leave their unfinished crap for me to finish....trying to get a shipment of new parts to a customer in Canada. Still waiting on their approval in order to ship. They want them on Monday and nothing in our system works correctly as it was not tested previously.

We are also required to ship within the framework that they establish. Oh joy! What are the chances we get assigned a carrier who is willing to come in at 3-4 PM on a Friday?

About this II much

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Did you go thru a freight broker that works with customs? That is the key to getting stuff to Canada on time.

5. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So, I'm still at work. LOL

We use the customers 3PL in this case. They are responsible to make the border crossing.

In my world, most shipments become customer property when it is loaded or leaves our facility.

This should have been my coworkers training wheels shipment as we have not shipped to Canada on a production basis-just prototype.

I do have the satisfaction of knowing I made this shipment work.

And I told our boss that I was taking a half day of personal time next week to make up for it. Off the books of course. He can't say no cause he is on medical leave. LOL

6. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    you obviously haven't driven anywhere in metro Chicago/burbs in a minimum of 13 years (entire time I've lived here.)
    Nobody passes. Nobody. Nobody can, because of the left lane hogging worthless lowest form of humankind going 5-10mph below the speed limit. Not only do they not pass nor speed up nor merges left to allow you to pass; if they happen to find themselves on a multi-lane highway, they herd together with other degenerates and drive parallel at the same rate of speed for miles upon miles.

I am no FIB. I don't think I even share the same species DNA. I just happen to have the same license plate. And property tax rate. FIB? No. FML.

7. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    or have IL plates.

Sota likes this.
  8. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thankfully it has been nearly 30 years since I have been anywhere near there! I had forgotten you said you were a transplant. My apologies sir.

dnoodles likes this.
  9. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Flu vaccines have no live virus in them so it's impossible to get the flu from a flu vaccine. Also antibiotics do nothing for the flu. The flu is viral not bacterial. I don't get the flu vaccine either though. If you get kidney stones you might want to limit how much Airborne you take as well.

greatwhitehunter3 likes this.
  10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I know when I commented that I got the flu after getting the nasal vaccine it was not right after I was treated I got the flu later that winter, my complaint is that it did not prevent me getting the flu as promised, I am sure the others that commented meant the same thing.

11. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This TEN year old soccer tourney is getting nuts! Lol. Parents crying and whining. All I can do not to laugh. My little baby got pushed....temper tantrums. Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

cantexian and w33kender like this.
  12. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The local HS football team rescheduled Friday night games to Thursday night for two weeks in a row because of......rain in the forecast. Not Thunderstorms, just a 50% chance of rain. And it didn't come either Friday night.

Candy-azzed players are begat by candy-azzed parents.

Okiebob, dnoodles and virginiashadow like this.
  13. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ha, well whatever...I know I've heard all that from my Dr and my vet several times but whatever I'm doing seems to be hard to argue with given my track record. It's no coincidence I've had two flu shots and got the flu both times or that I've not been sick with the flu or a cold in over 15 years. I've never heard of anyone in modern times not having a cold in a 15 year period.

14. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:

1) true you don't get "the flu" from the vaccine but it can evoke an immune response and make you feel like crap for a few days. You are 100% correct antibiotics do nothing for a viral infection and if your doctor is prescribing ABs for a viral infection you need to change doctors; fast.

2) I am curious- why? Taking Airborne (at least the tablets you drop in water) makes you drink lots of water and subsequently urinate- a lot. Or does it have that much calcium carbonate that you can't flush it out enough? Interesting.

I take Airborne and Zicam at the slightest hint I am getting sick. Always helps, even if it's just mental.

15. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nasal spray flu vaccine is actually a 'live' virus. ;)

When I worked in hospitals, before mandatory vaccinations, the docs and nurses swore the surest way to catch bronchitis was to get the flu vaccination. Not that you'd catch bronchitis directly from the shot but rather, because of your weakened immune system.

I never had a flu shot. Last year I was exposed to people who tested positive for the flu. Still didn't catch it. Hope my luck holds out. [Knocking on wood]

virginiashadow likes this.
  16. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Car alarms set to go off when a 1mph wind hits the vehicle. I'm at a kids soccer tournament on a beautiful fall day and have been listening to 50k suvs honk and horns blare bc of the damn alarms all morning. I want to run over the cars with a tank.

17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yesterday while I was sitting in a tree I listened to one go off for a half hour, I was ready to climb down when it finally quit.

18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The political commercials and whining about insurance companies and pre existing conditions. It has been an insurance issue since health insurance was available. Strange mindset that people believe it is their right to not have to pay for medical care they think it should magically get paid for by some collective group that they should not have to pay a lot to buy in to. The ones that whine the most pay the least in to the collective.

Disclaimer I am not ranting about retired individuals.

w33kender likes this.
  19. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    As a frequent traveler, it's funny and annoying that the rhetoric is greatly the same for the candidate attacks, regardless of seat and market.

It's almost like the generic car commercials you see/hear from time to time if travel out of your market.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    Okiebob and Sota like this.
  20. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Fans who gripe about their team's performance after a win. Come on, man, be happy for crying out loud. Leave the nitpicking to the coaching staff during their game film session.

cantexian likes this.