The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Not a rant but an observation. Costco's blended scotch tastes pretty good.

2. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I said older! Just kidding :)

What I meant was that was just about the minimum, most talking seemed to be in their late 50s or 60s. They were from some really big companies so I’m not knocking them, they are pretty smart. And it was actually a phone conference mixed with a web conference, so that made things even worse. So when you put all of them together on multiple platforms it became total chaos.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

3. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Let me know the day they have those samples out...

4. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Now ya got a problem with those of us in our 50s?

Damn whipper snappers.

w33kender, Sota and axtell343 like this.
  5. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey, I am willing to trade a little bit of technological incompetence for people that use their brain and work hard. Like I said, those people were some very accomplished business men/women, who could probably outwork 5 people my age.

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am 52 and I hit the mute so people can not hear me cursing under my breath about the tock tickers. The world goes tick tock, the ones that go tock tick are the counter productive pain in the asses that makes conference calls a painful experience.

greatwhitehunter3, Fix and axtell343 like this.
  7. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No rant tonight. Wife and daughter already asleep. Get to enjoy a few cold ones by myself. IMG952096.jpg

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Was reading an article in the St Paul Pioneer Press this morning about a woman in ND that was found wandering out in the middle of nowhere. She had no recollection of the previous 4 days or where she left her 4 month old child during her wandering. Both her and the child's father have warrants in several different counties, tragic story. I read the comments on the story and of course there had to be that idiot that had to drag Trump into the story. Give it a rest we get it you hate Trump, there is a time and a place for political comments but a tragic story about a missing 4 month old child is not the place. Growing weary of it from both sides.

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    They are marching in protest on 94 the Dan Ryan in Chicago today to protest the violence in the cities poorest neighborhoods, would these marches be more effective if they marched in the very same poorest neighborhoods? Oh that is right they don't want to go there and get shot and robbed.

WillO likes this.
  10. charleshibner92

charleshibner92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wait staff at restaurants.. sorry if u are one but do your job and do it well and people will be happy to give u certificates of appreciation with presidents faces on them. But sorry wait staff is gettin more and more, bout done with restaurants

11. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have two rants today

1) People who get so worked up for a run gear wise it looks like they are entering the movie Tron....put on some darn shorts and shoes and run man!

[​IMG]

12. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    And rant number two...

People who change lanes in an intersection. Simple rule of the road dummies

greatwhitehunter3 and Sota like this.
  13. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That story ended in tragedy, she should rot in hell for that for that poor babies life being taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greatwhitehunter3 likes this.
  14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I can't like your post but I agree such a tragic story. What parent or even a person could do that to a 4 month old child. We don't know if it was drugs or mental illness or a both.

15. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

...which is why I said while I sympathized; it was what were were getting paid to do...minus cutting bone into splinters for people to choke on. No matter how much we wished they would choke on said splinters.

16. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    I was going to make this a separate thread; but it's a good (albeit tragic) segue...

So DJT picked Kavanaugh...

I fully and freely admit to being by and large a Trump supporter. But I think this pick (or honestly say other he may have made) may end the Republic as we know it.

Regardless of what you think of the morality of abortion (please don't start that debate here) - as even many "liberal" legal scholars admit; Roe v Wade was decided upon faulty legal logic- there is no explicit right to abortion in the Constitution. Taking the morality issue out of the equation; a large number of legal scholars are not convoluted enough to think that the right to abortion is derivative from the 14th amendment. That "right" is not explicit and for a strict Constitutionalist (like Kavanaugh and likely all the other Republican-nominated Justices <save maybe Roberts> ) is not inherent to the US Constitution- and thereby falls under the 10th Amendment- "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." In other words, either must be codified under a national referendum or left to the States to decide independently. There are other considerations, such as does the the right to "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness..." etc apply to the Unborn as well; but let's put that aside for the moment.

Say (as Trump has stated is his wish as have several other prominent Republicans/Libertarians) that the abortion issue be left to the states...Can we live in a nation where in one state abortion is legal; and in the next state is considered murder? At that point we no longer share any semblance of cultural values or hegemony.

If Kavanaugh (or any other DJT nominee) be confirmed; there is little risk in betting that a Conservative state such as Kansas, Indiana, etc passes laws which further restrict abortion. Planned Parenthood, ACLU, et al immediately file a federal lawsuit against that law claiming it violates Roe v. Wade (or PP v Casey.) Assume it gets to the SCOTUS...

Say this Court overturns RvW or Casey in part or in whole based on either the Constitution or natural law and turns the issue to the states under the 10th Amendment. At this hypothetical point- in Indiana abortion after the 1st trimester is considered homicide; whereas in Illinois it's not...so little Suzie from Lafayette drives into Chicago and gets an abortion. Her mom, boyfriend, whatever turns her in to the Indiana State Police. What is the justice system to do?

How do we have One Nation, Under God, Indivisible...

when we can't even agree on what (or when) Life is or is not?

These are things I think about after more than 3 rye whiskeys.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Ldsturg and axtell343 like this.
  17. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    The NRA has nothing to do with Federal narcotics laws. Of course the NRA would like to do away with the 1968 law and most any other gun control law.

Marijuana is still considered by the federal government to be a Schedule I drug.

https://www.dea.gov/druginfo/ds.shtml

Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Some examples of Schedule I drugs are:
    heroin, lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), marijuana (cannabis), 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy), methaqualone, and peyote​

you can debate whether or not marijuana should be classified as Schedule I but leave the NRA out of it.
    Also, usually buying/possessing booze and being under the influence of booze are 2 different things when it comes to legal firearm possession. Heck, in many states you can't be in possession of a firearm in an establishment that serves alcohol; even if you are not imbibing yourself.

Most states outlaw the possession of firearms when being under the influence of any regulated mind-altering drug; including alcohol.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  18. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    that stretch of I-94 runs right through the middle of the crappiest (or second crappiest...southside and westside are 1A/1B in that respect) part of Chicago. You really want to piss people off and get attention; shut down 290 on a weekend and watch all the west suburbanites who want to go into the city to enjoy the nice weather lose their minds when they have to divert into the westside.

19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Working from home today, I inadvertently did not turn the TV off and just heard the opening comments on the View. Is it too early to start drinking?

First of all the whole investigation is a boondoggle I will admit this if I am wrong but with the leaks there would be info released if there was anything of substance.

Second funny how the "progressives" forget about that whole due process thing, all they care about is trying to manipulate perception because the attention span of the average public is too short to follow thru when the accusations do not result in conviction or even charges being brought forward.

20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hard to post this without cursing. There are people who are pissed at Trump because TV coverage of the Bachelorette broke away to the SCOTUS announcement. Never mind it was the networks decision to break away. President Trump is living rent free in the White House and in the "progressives" head.