The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Trust me; I haven't been naive enough to look for logic/common sense in liberalism since I was about 11 years old.

2. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like this evening could get ugly with more storms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Trying to prime and paint boat parts in this weather.

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am really enjoying watching Steve Bannon on ABC this morning my only regret is that Martha is not there to get schooled.

5. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I used to spend some time fishing on the weekends. ...not much anymore.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

greatwhitehunter3 likes this.
  6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I kinda miss those days.

7. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm excited for those days.

8. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is why my boys (ages 7 and 6) don't play in sports leagues that require weekend play. I am sure that will change someday, but for now weekends are for hunting, fishing, and 3D archery.

w33kender likes this.
  9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

This is 100% preventable children and parents would not be separated if there was a secure border.

10. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    When someone robs a bank do they throw the child in jail too? The two things aren't comparable. I realize they have to do something with the children who's parents are here seeking asylum, but why separate them? If they have to go to some sort of holding cell or whatever they can't stay together? Some of these are people trying to cross the border illegally and some show up to the border looking for asylum. In either case the children are taken from their parents. Call me a snowflake or libtard or whatever you guys get off on, but seeing pictures of toddlers crying by themselves with nobody isn't something I'm into. Give me one good reason why the kids should be separated and held in separate places from their parents?

Okiebob and greatwhitehunter3 like this.
  11. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Question 1:
    When parents are imprisoned for committing crimes; in the absence of an alternative legal guardian the incarcerated's dependent children become wards of the state. They live in group homes and are fed and schooled; just like the juvenile immigration detainees. These alien children aren't living in "jail" and you know it. Don't even begin to equate the two. What is DHS to do? Just turn the kids out into the desert?

Question 2:
    Because it's the law.
    Children can't be held in adult detention facilities; for reasons so obvious and numerous I should not have to detail.
    When people are caught entering into the country illegally, they are given 2 choices - voluntarily return to their country of origin (absent prior deportations/active warrants) or file for asylum. If they file for asylum, they and their children are detained. It is the parents' choice to do so. While they are in the asylum process, under this administration they are detained and segregated by age and gender- AS THEY SHOULD BE! Can you imagine the number of lawsuits that would generate from rape/sexual assault claims???

They can't be released on recognizance with a notice to appear in court because something less than 20% of "catch and release" illegals actually report for their immigration court hearings. They simply disappear into the interior of this country only to be heard of again when FoxNews etc report on the nationality of the next perpetrator of a completely preventable heinous crime.

Extra credit:
    A significant percentage of apprehended illegal alien "family" units are fraudulent claims- they are in actuality not related at all or only distantly so. It takes a lot of time to verify these claims. These kids are groomed and coached; and are often under threat of violence from the very people that claim to be their parents.

Fix, WillO, ash d and 2 others like this.
  12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Truth bomb dropped, excellent point.

13. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    These are the laws we are following, if you don't want to be separated from your family, don't break our laws.

It's truly that simple in my mind.

virginiashadow, Fix, WillO and 5 others like this.
  14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Is this an attempt to out liberal your liberal friends?

15. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    3 articles to read:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/05/illegal-immigration-enforcement-separating-kids-at-border/

https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...-vows-separate-kids-parents-border/591924002/

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/20/us/immigrant-children-separation-ice.html

Harsh truth-
    if these people collectively spent as much time, effort, and capital into effecting social and economic change in their own s-hole countries as they do invading ours; the world would be a much better place. For everyone- especially the children.

Black Hills Hunter likes this.
  16. Wiscohunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good articles. Truly. It's still incredible painful to see such young children being separated from parents and no I dont agree with you when you say a "significant percentage" of these kids are coached and not even with their real parents. I also dont agree that if these people spent time trying to change their own countries that they could. Some of these countries in Central America are the poorest, most crime ridden countries on earth. Throw major government corruption and no jobs into the mix and it turns into something that can almost not even be fixed. Certainly not by the poorest citizens of that country.

17. Wiscohunter

Dislikes Received:
    Quiet Sota adults are talking.

18. Wiscohunter

Dislikes Received:
    Oh I see Miss Anne Coulter was on Fox news saying the children are actors. Now I get it. Soros must be paying them too.

19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No you have misplaced angst on this issue 1 it is the parents fault 100% second your outrage should be with the liberal media for not reporting on this until it benefited them that is sickening bias, second this is not a new event.

20. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's what I can't understand, Trump didn't even start this practice. Few weeks ago when the first round of pictures where sent out to rile up the liberals, they forgot to mention they were from 2013 or 14. Long before Trump even considered running.

My question is what are you supposed to do with them, patents or kids either one? Catch and release didn't work, they never made it back to court. So you either do what we're doin or load then all up take them back to wherever.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dnoodles and greatwhitehunter3 like this.